- Michael Page
- England, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- GBP58000 - GBP68000 per annum
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- Public sector and government
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000, £60,000 - £70,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Accounting / Finance Manager to lead a large accounting function through a key period of change and improvement that will bring large benefits to the NHS.
Our client manages the sourcing, delivery and supply of healthcare products, services and food for NHS trusts and healthcare organisations across England and Wales.
- Responsibility for ensuring accurate transactions are recorded in the finance system for all operating units, including Capital and Maintenance business areas, and Stock.
- Delivery of inputs for internal monthly management reporting, as well as external reporting, ensuring accurate and timely production
- Maintain processes and controls to ensure all transactions are recorded accurately, timely and in accordance with agreed accounting standards
- Ad hoc financial analysis and project support as required
- Maintain up to date knowledge of applicable accounting standards and regulations; ensuring the impact of any changes is interpreted, reviewed and applied in a timely manner.
- Provision of technical guidance as and when required
- Participate in external and internal audits, to provide necessary information and resolve queries, ensuring recommendations are reviewed and implemented
- Continual review of processes and procedures associated with the Accounting Team to drive continuous improvement.
- Involvement in projects as and when necessary, including implementation of a new Oracle Cloud Finance system and ensuring that Finance processes and controls are considered
- Significant post-qualification experience within Financial Accounting or General Ledger
- A good understanding of inventory accounting, as well as IFRS 15 Revenue and IFRS 16 Leases
- Good experience of process improvement and project involvement
- Core finance knowledge, with in-depth awareness and understanding of accounting standards and technical guidance
- Proven experience of general ledger accounting and application of accounting standards
- Salary banding between £58k-£68k
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme - you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working option
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert