- Hays Senior Finance
- England, Southampton, Hampshire / Hampshire, England
- GBP55000.00 - GBP65000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- Banking, finance and investment
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000, £60,000 - £70,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
Finance Manager for large reputable organisation
Your new company
Large, reputable organisation based in Central Southampton
Your new role
As a Financial Manager you will assist the Financial Controller in a number of activities based around identifying and embedding new processes around a recently adopted accounting system and co-ordination and production of the monthly legal entity numbers for the Business Unit Legal Entities, and preparation of the applicable statutory, regulatory and liquidity reporting for the Business Unit Legal Entities.
- Assist with management of the Balance Sheet, including overseeing key areas of judgement, and risk assess balance sheet items, performing deep dives in higher risk areas and ensuring the processes feeding these figures are understood and suitably robust.
- In this role you will work closely with the wider organisation on processes and the tax team to ensure tax reporting and provisions are consistent and accurate with corporate standards.
- You will also act as a contact point for external auditors.
- You will ensure compliance with all finance policies and procedures and maintain a robust financial control environment, implementing any required changes to financial reporting, systems, or procedures smoothly and efficiently.
- You will also ensure all accounting and financial processes are fully documented and remain up to date, reflecting any changes in policy or regulation.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with several years PQE. You will have experience working in a Finance function within Financial Services (including capital, regulatory and liquidity requirements) or Big 4 audit experience, with knowledge of applicable Financial and Regulatory Reporting requirements (e.g. IFRS, SII, ICAAP).
What you'll get in return
Holiday: 26 days
Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it.
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Benefit Allowance: A cash benefit allowance is payable in lieu of some of our core benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert