- Michael Page
- Wiltshire, England, Swindon
- GBP55000 - GBP70000 per annum + bonus, pension
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000, £60,000 - £70,000, £70,000 - £80,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
This is an excellent interim opportunity for a candidate that has strong Excel and analytical skills to join my client on a 12 month fixed term basis. This role is in the supply and trading division with focus on the monthly accounts for commodities traded in the UK.
My client are a market leading energy business with a really strong presence in the Wiltshire area.
The key responsibilities:
- On a monthly basis reconcile IAS results with the Risk department's monthly P&L reports and work to resolve/explain issues or differences.
- Review control environment to ensure integrity of information leaving the team.
- Ability to develop, nurture and manage close relationships across the business and in multiple locations.
- Present and explain financial results to Risk, Controlling and the wider Accounting teams.
- Reconcile and analyse key balance sheet accounts and prepare commentary.
- Prepare ad-hoc management reports, carry out project work as required and respond to specific questions or requests as appropriate.
- Prepare information for, and respond to, audit queries.
- Identify and implement improvements to the reporting process
The successful candidate for this role will possess the following:
- A full and recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with 3+ years experience
- Ability to work under pressure and towards strict deadlines
- Advanced skills with Excel, experience of using SAP
- Experience of dealing with large volume of data
- Good analytical skills
There is an excellent remuneration package on offer including bonus and pension. My client need to move quickly in terms of onboarding so only candidates immediately available, or available at short notice, can be considered.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert