Group Reporting Accountant
- Victoria, London (Greater) (GB)
- Competitive base salary + bonus & benefits
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- Business and management, Entertainment, publishing and media, Other
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
The Group Reporting Accountant reports to the Group Financial Controller and is a key member of the high-profile Group Reporting Team of six qualified accountants.
The role allows for some balance of working from the office (5 Howick Place, Victoria) and from home but with an expectation to be in the office more often than not.
o Key member of the Group Reporting Team who are responsible for the accurate and timely preparation, internal approval and delivery of the financial sections of the Half Year and Year-end external reporting
o Key team member liaising with and providing information to the external auditors
o Responsible for leading the financial accounting aspects of M&A transactions, involving co-ordinating the work of shared service centre (SSC) teams and leading and co-ordinating acquisition accounting activities
o Responsible for leading the Group Finance accounting aspects of legal entity restructurings within the group, involving planning and co-ordinating work activities involving the Group Tax team and SSCs
o Key role in activities undertaken monthly to prepare consolidated actual results and internal reporting through the Group consolidation system (SAP FC)
o Supporting the application of IFRS across the Group, involving providing technical accounting guidance to Divisions, SSCs and other Group functions accounting undertaken across the Group
o Key team member involved in pro-actively ensuring the Group’s financial accounting and reporting remains compliant with IFRS and related FRC guidance
o Supporting the development of the Group Accounting Policy manual and for providing technical accounting guidance to SSCs and Divisional Finance teams
o Reviewer of subsidiary statutory accounts
· Recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA or ACCA), who are newly or recently qualified ideally from a big 4 firm
· Strong IFRS technical accounting experience obtained in auditing or working in a large listed company environment
· Project management experience
Skills & Abilities
This position is viewed as role for an aspirational, high achieving, individual
· Flexible and comfortable in a changing, growing environment
· Self-starter with ability to work on their own initiative
· Results, product and achievement oriented to high standards - Pays attention to detail
· Strong organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work tasks
· Fast and responsive - working to tight deadlines
· Proven communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact at all levels
· Team player, maintaining close working relationships with relevant employees of the business in order to achieve objectives
· Ability to listen and willingness to take on new ideas
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong influencing skills, including the ability to communicate complex financial technical matters to non-technical people
· Knowledge of various planning and consolidation systems and ability to extract data
· IT confident with good spreadsheet skills.
· Ability to listen and willingness to take on new ideas
· Keen to self-develop and take on new opportunities
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally.
Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job: https://www.informa.com/talent/informa-applicant-privacy-notice
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 10,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
5 Howick Place
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert