Interim Financial Controller
- FD Direct t/a EquityFD EquityFC Equityinterim
- London (hybrid)
- To c. £600 per day
- Closing date
- 20 Feb 2023
- Salary band
- £90,000 - £100,000, £100,000 - £125,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
Our client is an exceptionally high growth media group which manages an extensive number of long-term projects. They have developed a niche offering and customer base in international markets. They are looking for an Interim Finance Controller during a period of exceptionally high growth and change, to support an experienced CFO. The contract is likely to be an FTC of 6 months to a year, with a strong possibility of going permanent.
- The finance department is very much in its infancy with the accounts being prepared by an external accounting firm.
- You will be creating the future team as well as getting the management accounts resolved will be the introduction of a purchase ledger function under the direct control of finance.
- Production of management reporting packs
- Preparation and/or review of management account commentaries
- Production of statutory accounts, ensuring Audit readiness
- Driving improvements to reporting, development of content
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts, including cash flow
- Oversight of balance sheet control, including timely reconciliations
- Accounting for projects on an individual basis (able to manage high volumes). There are typically running to around 14 months and can be at various stages, they are subject to stage payments
- Able to introduce and manage processes within the organisation to ensure that accounts and forecasts can be produced on a timely and accurate basis.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Extensive experience of management accounts preparation and review
- Strong organisation and project management skills
- Accuracy and able to manage a large number of projects concurrently
- Specifically experience of project management and WIP Ideally you would have production accounting experience
- Hands on, with experience of Xero
We know that diverse recruitment practices start with us. We encourage and celebrate applicants regardless of race (including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origin), age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender reassignment, disability, marital status, pregnancy and maternity or socioeconomic background. We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace by ensuring a diverse pool of talent, eliminating unlawful discrimination and recruiting the best person for each role. We review our practices on equality and diversity regularly.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert