Audit & Accounts Senior
- Harwood Hutton Limited
- Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire (GB)
- Competitive salary
- Closing date
- 1 Mar 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Harwood Hutton is a growing firm with now almost 70 employees, and we have expanded significantly since we were formed back in 1957. Our size of firm means you get to know everyone and feel part of the Harwood Hutton family, and we are of a size where growth is supported and progression is encouraged, if this is a path you wish to follow.
This role encompasses responsible planning and completion of both audit and accounting assignments to a high standard of technical competence, and delivered within budget and client expectations. The successful candidate will join our team of driven professionals and will help to service our well-established, and ever strengthening, client base.
The majority of our audits do not require an overnight stay so there will not be any substantial time will be spent away from home.
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- Pro-active communication with Audit and Accounts (“A&A”) Managers and Directors to enable consistent work flow and effective work planning;
- The ability to train and supervise more junior team members, supporting their growth as they move through the firm;
- Professional and friendly communication with clients and fellow colleagues; and
- A dedication to technical competence and your own continuing professional development.
- Pathway to progression, if desired.
The A&A Senior will work directly with clients and other staff across all departments, including directly with Directors.
The successful candidate will:
- hold either an ICAEW or ACCA qualification with a strong academic background;
- have proven experience working within an accounting practice environment,
- have led ISA-compliant Statutory audits on behalf of clients
- display unquestionable integrity, excellent verbal and written communication
- demonstrate strong logical and analytical skills;
- be flexible and organised in managing their own time to deadlines; and
- be able to work in a highly professional team environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration package based on experience.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- AA breakdown cover
- Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Support Programme
- Our full-time working week is 37.5 hours, and should additional hours need to be worked, they are given back and can be taken through our ‘Time Off In Lieu’ system.
- Upon agreement and after successful probationary period, we offer a flexible home working policy.
- Employee referral bonus
- Client referral bonus
- Variety of work; different industries, size of company and lengths of audit
- Possibility to be involved in more specialised work; SAR’s, ARLA’s, Charity audits.
- Pathway to progression, if desired.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.
A great place to work
We are always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing business. Harwood Hutton is a great place for you to start and build your career. We take great pride in assisting professionals and seeing them flourish under our stewardship.
We have roles as broad and as varied as the services we offer. If you are new to accountancy and finance, or if you are someone looking to take the next step in their career, we can provide the opportunities and professional development for you to excel and succeed.
- 01494 739500
22 Wycombe End
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert