- Hays Senior Finance
- Essex, England, Colchester
- GBP90000.00 - GBP100000.00 per annum + + Excellent Benefits
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- Retail and wholesale
- Salary band
- £90,000 - £100,000, £100,000 - £125,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
New - Financial Director Opportunity - Colchester - to £100,000 + bens Fast Growing SME
Your new company
We are pleased to be working on an exclusive basis with a market leading, entrepreneurial led B2B business who provide their clients with quality products, an innovative, highly efficient & sustainable supply chain and first class customer service.
Due to continued growth and exciting strategic business plans our client is looking to recruit a Financial Director to provide financial management, sound technical advice, commercial insight to influence strategy and enable the business to achieve its strategic goals.
Your new role
As Finance Director you will be an active member of the management team and provide genuine insight and business support to the Managing Director and wider business. Oversee production of accurate and timely management information including a forward-looking focus. Act as an essential member of the business management team. Ensure efficient operations of the finance department and the financial elements of the ERP system. To be responsible for credit control, management of credit risk and efficient collection of accounts receivable. This role is full time with the majority office-based in Colchester and has four direct reports.
KEY SUCCESS CRITERIA:
- Ensuring focus on strategic plan deliverables including highlighting gaps in performance vs plan
- Business results are accurate with an explanation for all key variances and points of note (within 5 working days after month end).
- Continuous improvement of the ERP system to ensure accurate and efficient running of all finance processes.
- Budgets and forecasts prepared and reviewed in line with the annual calendar.
- A well run credit control team with a well-managed debtor risk process, efficient and prompt cash collections and rapid highlighting of any issues with customer accounts.
- VAT and tax returns submitted accurately and within the HMRC deadlines.
- Financial Statements finalised with auditors within five months of year end.
- Management information includes actionable observations to improve profit and cash.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Prepare budgets and forecasts - including cash flows - to create a forward-looking view to financial performance, planning and predictability and alignment to the business strategic goals.
- Oversee all aspects of the finance department including production of monthly accounts within 5 working days, managing and developing the team, constant focus on credit control procedures, risk management & cash collection, balance sheet reconciliations & all payments including foreign currency.
- Managing the annual audit and annual statutory accounts preparation.
- Maintain completeness and accuracy of financial information on the business system, including continuous improvement to ensure that we are getting the most from our systems and processes.
- Ad hoc projects.
What you'll need to succeed
The Financial Director will be a qualified accountant with strong technical knowledge and commercial acumen. They will have held a similar position in a successful import/distribution/manufacturing/engineering business which has grown at a pace ( £50 mill + t/o). They will have strong financial management skills through business growth, reviewed and driven continuous improvement of processes, controls, reporting and ERP systems
The Financial Director will be an experienced people manager who enjoys motivating, developing and managing their people in a fast moving and changing business. They will be an excellent communicator and influencer who has broad business skills who will enjoy being a key member of an ambitious management team
What you'll get in return
The Financial Director will be joining a highly successful business with a market leading business model and ambitious growth plans. They will be offered a highly competitive salary package:
Salary £90,000 to £100,000 plus benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert