Head of Finance
- Michael Page
- England, London
- GBP45000 - GBP55000 per annum
- Closing date
- 5 Mar 2023
- Education and training
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
This Head of Finance role was created to provide a strong and focused finance function for the organisation as it grows. The incumbent will be in charge of monitoring and reporting on the organisation's financial status, as well as giving strategic financial guidance to the Senior Leadership Team and managing day-to-day finance operations.
Our client is a youth impact centre in North London that advocates for a more prominent role for youth voices in evaluation and continual quality improvement. They are thrilled to be announcing our new strategy this month, which will pave a new course for the College.
- To ensure financial management best practises are followed, manage procurement, financial control, and quality assurance processes, including incorporating operational financial regulations.
- Manage day-to-day finance processes, including invoicing, in collaboration with the operations coordinator and other team members as needed. Each month, process bank payments on schedule.
- Set and monitor financial KPIs and budgets with the senior leadership team, reviewing and re-forecasting as needed.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of the organisation's financial condition, including cash flow monitoring, assessing the financial impact of planned initiatives or policies, identifying possibilities for improvement, making adjustments, and preparing financial reports.
- Provide strong, proactive strategic financial advice to the Board of Trustees in order to promote the charity's long-term financial stability.
- Prepare year-end accounts in accordance with SORP recommendations and regulations, guaranteeing statutory financial reporting for audit.
- Responsible for taking charge of payroll and pensions, including liaising with pension providers, HMRC, and other agencies as needed.
- Ensure that VAT is controlled and that returns are properly prepared and submitted.
- Maintain effective financial management systems, making modifications as needed.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or oversees equivalent).
- Strong senior accounting and financial management experience with a track record in a similar job.
- Strong knowledge of charitable finance and the administration of restricted and unrestricted income.
- £45,000 - £55,000 per annum depending on experience.
- Hybrid / Flexible working.
- 28 day's annual leave.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert