Capital Allowances, Senior Associate
- London (Central)
- Closing date
- 4 Mar 2023
- Salary band
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.PwC’s national Innovation and Capital Incentives (ICI) team are passionate about helping clients obtain the incentives and allowances available to support their investment in innovation and capital assets.
We are looking to recruit an individual at Senior Associate level with experience of Capital Allowances and are keen to hear from people who are passionate about innovation, getting to know a broad range of businesses and having a direct role in growing our Southern Capital Allowances practice.
We are particularly focussed on candidates able to support us in:
Providing support on claim preparation and technical advice across various sectors from a Capital Allowances perspective
Supporting Managers and Senior Managers in managing a portfolio of Capital Allowance clients and project delivery across these
Preparation of Capital Allowance claims for submission to HMRC
Preparing responses to or liaising with HMRC with regard to queries they have on Capital Allowance claims on behalf of our clients
Assisting with drafting responses on tax technical points for internal stakeholders and clients
Helping to identify and develop new business development opportunities, working with Managers and Senior Managers on proposals
Working collaboratively with a strong team focus
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of working in a tax environment, specialising in Capital Allowances
- Working knowledge of tax incentives and experience in preparing Capital Allowances claims and a keen interest in developing further
- Excellent communication skills – the candidate will be expected to be the point of contact on the projects they manage supporting a range of stakeholders including client contacts, PwC staff in the incentives team and also in the wider tax practice
- Coaching and delegation – the successful candidate will help to develop a growing team of associates supporting the Capital Allowances team, helping them grow their technical expertise alongside their soft skills
- Good written skills including report writing, technical memo drafting and concise advice notes for sharing with clients
- Analytical skills for numerical analysis of client data
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.
Our values define how we do things. And our purpose is why we exist - now more than ever - to build trust in society and solve important problems for our clients and our communities. In a world we no longer recognise, we need to rely on the strength and agility of our people to help us to navigate these uncertain times.
We're committed to ensuring that care and our people's wellbeing remains central to our culture. While we may not know what’s ahead, we can do all we can to help shape the future. As we continue to navigate this unprecedented time, it’s important that we support our people, to help them take care of themselves and to ensure the right support is available when it’s needed.
For now, we ask you to join our talent network and stay in touch with what’s happening in real time, including new possibilities as they arise. Visit our website for more information on how we’re responding to this pandemic and what changes we’re making to our recruitment process.
Stay safe and stay connected in this rapidly changing world.
Opportunities are at the heart of a career with us. Opportunities for you to sharpen your skills, collaborate with experts, build lasting relationships and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything.
Our offer to you...
· Be part of the world’s leading professional services network and enjoy the benefits that come with that.
· Meet and collaborate with highly talented people from diverse backgrounds, developing new ways of thinking, creating value for you, for PwC and for our clients.
· Work in a challenging and stimulating environment where you’ll be inspired to reach your full potential.
· Identify and develop your skills, build on your existing strengths and discover new ones you didn’t know you had. Watch your expertise and influence grow with us.
The PwC deal
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all offer the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life. All whilst making an impact in a place where people, quality, and value, mean everything. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a personally tailored benefits package.
What you need to bring to us
Your intellect, willingness to learn, ability to build relationships, put yourself in others’ shoes, while always making a positive impact with our clients and each other.
The skills, insights and connections you develop at PwC are career defining wherever your career may take you. It’s the opportunity of a lifetime. Take it.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert