Senior Internal Auditor
- Hays Senior Finance
- Swindon, England, Wiltshire
- GBP50000.00 - GBP60000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
- Closing date
- 4 Mar 2023
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000, £60,000 - £70,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
Your new company
A well known employer in the Swindon area, offering hybrid working c1-2 days a week in the office to a qualified Internal Auditor.
Your new role
This role will give you the opportunity of developing your own knowledge and business awareness and building business relationships
* Keeping the business safe by delivering relevant local and global audits, working together with the Audit Manager in determining the audit scope, risks to be addressed and most appropriate audit techniques (including data analytics)
* Taking ownership of your audit work, applying your professional judgement, documenting, and reporting results in line with Group Audit standards and methodologies
* Influencing the business by agreeing actions and delivering the final audit report, with support from the Senior Manager or Audit Manager, when needed
* Contributing to the Group Audit global team through sharing own technical knowledge and engaging in our continuous training program.
What you'll need to succeed
* Bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field or professional qualification
* +4 years of proven experience in Audit / Risk Management / Compliance or +6 years of experience in Insurance industry
* Knowledge of Internal Audit Standards, internal control framework and audit testing
* Ability to interact with stakeholders from all seniority levels and build business relationships
* Excellent project management skills, ability to organize own tasks and deliver on time to high quality standards * Capacity to work in a fast-paced and multicultural environment with initiative to manage multiple competing tasks
* Great team player with ability to work independently when necessary
* Passion and enthusiasm to continue to grow yourself and others around you
* Degree of flexibility and enthusiasm to travel locally and/or internationally (around 20% of the time might be required).
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Fantastic office environment
- Excellent opportunities to progress
- Excellent work-life balance with a flexible hybrid working policy
- Industry leading Defined Contribution Pension scheme (12% from employer)
- 25 days holiday per year, plus the opportunity to purchase additional holiday
- Additional 3 volunteering days
- Full private medical cover
- Annual company bonus
- Car Allowance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert