Finance Business Partner
- Michael Page
- England, Bristol
- GBP50000 - GBP60000 per annum + plus £4k car and exceptional benefits
- Closing date
- 3 Mar 2023
- Banking, finance and investment
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000, £60,000 - £70,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
The role is a critical part of helping to support their stakeholders on performance reporting, pricing and income optimisation with core responsibility focusing on value-add provision of robust data and insight and sound financial advice and support.
The Customer Banking Finance Business Partnering Team support the Customer Banking Director, their direct reports and the relevant product teams in understanding and managing their financials end to end. The team will operate as a cohesive and fluid operating model, supporting the key priorities of the business and business strategy.
The role is a critical part of helping to support Mortgage & General Insurance performance reporting, pricing and income optimisation with core responsibility focusing on value-add provision of robust data and insight and sound financial advice and support.
As this role is part of a small team, we are also looking for someone who is a flexible team player and can adapt their own priorities to support others in the team. No two days are the same in this department - it's a great opportunity to do a role with lots of variety with great exposure across many areas of the business.
To be successful you will:
- Build a reputation for providing top class support to stakeholders
- Bring new insights and guidance to the team, helping to support internal customers
- Being a proactive and trusted advisor, acting as Subject Matter Expert on pricing and trading data - helping the business to deliver on their strategy
- Partnering effectively with the business and the planning team to forecast margins and new business returns, helping to explain the drivers of any variances
- Distilling the financials into a simple business story, whilst always seeking to add actionable insight
- Challenging, evaluating and understanding the financial impact and benefit of pricing proposals, investment projects and other ad-hoc business cases
- A qualified accountant, with a strong commercial focus - attuned to evolving business needs
- Good working knowledge of trading margins, NPVs & RoEs
- Evidence of previous business partnering experience in a financial role
- Brilliant at communicating and building strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Great organisation & prioritisation skills - able to proactively plan workload and meet deadlines autonomously
- Strong excel and analytical skills with proven experience of analysing large amounts of data (experience of working with Access & PowerBI would be advantageous)
- Generous salary of up to £60,000 pa
- Car allowance of £5k
- Excellent pension (5% employee / 13% employer)
- 4% flexi-cash (can be taken in to your salary)
- On target bonus of 10% (increases to max 12.5%)
- 30 days holiay with the ability to buy/sell more
- Private Medical
- 4x (up to 8x) Life assurance
- Share match scheme
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert