SME Finance Director
- Hays Senior Finance
- England, London / City of London, London, England
- GBP90000.00 - GBP110000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 1 Mar 2023
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Salary band
- £90,000 - £100,000, £100,000 - £125,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Your new role
You'll be joining an established business based in London in a newly created Financial Director position, overseeing the day to day financial operations of the business across two sites as well as supporting the strategic direction of the business. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Day to day management of the transactional finance team
- Internal and external financial reporting
- Business partnering with commercial and operational stakeholders
- Ad hoc duties and projects as required
What you'll need to succeed
You'll be a qualified accountant with similar experience as a #1 or #2 within a SME finance function, as well as proven track record leading a team within a change environment. You'll also need;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to build relationships with people at all levels
- Methodical approach with attention to detail
- Prior experience and working knowledge of an accounts system (Access, SAP, SAGE, Navision, Dynamics etc)
- Excellent level of numeracy and literacy
- Excellent knowledge and experience of MS Excel (including Pivot Tables and VLOOKUPs) and Word
- Flexible approach to working
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert