Head of Finance
- Hays Senior Finance
- Gloucestershire, Cheltenham, England
- 20% bonus
- Closing date
- 3 Mar 2023
- Salary band
- £60,000 - £70,000, £70,000 - £80,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
My client is a leading outsourced services business.
They provide flexible, responsive, and high-quality support to established insurers and start-ups. Primary responsibility is to maintain, manage and promote the delivery of Client Finance Services to an agreed operational and contractual framework.
Client Finance Services has a turnover of £1.2m and is supported by a team of 18, of which 5 are direct report.
- Manage the Client Finance Managers to deliver quality standards and service level targets.
- Ownership of the Financial Appraisal process to ensure the correct level of resource is applied to renewals, new contracts. Monitor the profitability of existing contracts.
- Ensure that contractual terms and SLAs granted are unambiguous, manageable, and measurable, working with our legal experts and our clients.
- Ensure resource plans are aligned to the existing business and future sales pipeline.
- Manage the onboarding of new clients.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvements focused on enhancing the end-to-end customer experience.
- Coach and develop the Client Finance Managers, ensuring that appropriate training and development plans are in place.
- Review reports sent to clients and minutes of service meetings.
- Input to annual Business Plans.
- Develop and manage effective relationships with key clients and suppliers.
Job Related Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 5 years' experience providing direction for Operational Finance teams and a working understanding of the Lloyd's of London Financial Reporting Requirements
- Proven background in managing teams
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/ACMA).
- Excellent MS Excel / Word / Outlook Skills.
- Ability to prioritise and plan to meet deadlines, even when they conflict.
- Appropriate balance of operational skills and technical expertise.
- Persuasive communication and negotiation skills.
- A general understanding of commercial contracts.
- An understanding of the clients' aspirations and future growth plans.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a progressive and forward-thinking organisation, you will receive a competitive package and development opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert