Management accountant for a leading retailer. Based in Nottinghamshire offering a hybrid working pattern.
A growing retailer with an exciting future ahead of it having grown through acquisition. One of the leaders in their market, with a presence in 9 European countries and the US. Based in Nottinghamshire, this is a great opportunity for a recently qualified accountant!
- Production of Monthly Management Accounts Pack. This includes P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow and various KPIs for the Group
- Production of annual Budgets and quarterly Forecasts for the Group
- Improving regular reporting outputs for internal and external stakeholders
- Reporting on contracts KPIs against budget, forecast and prior year and working with CRM tool
- Investigating and resolving system queries for ticket numbers
- Intercompany reconciliations and recharges
- Ensuring all balance sheets reconciliations are completed each month end
- Responsibility for Affiliate and Rebate reporting on a weekly and monthly basis
- Producing year end file for auditors and dealing with queries from the auditors
- Year End audit preparation including Statutory Accounts and Tax packs
- Completion of quarterly Group VAT return.
- Business partnering with commercial and operational teams
- Developing a good relationship with external customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Gain detailed understanding of ticketing systems and BI tools to understand how they integrate with finance and how best to streamline reporting while maintaining accuracy of data
- Working with Finance Reporting Manager to document all finance processes
- Managing and motivating a small team
- Managing annual business insurance renewals.
- To gain an understanding of Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Banking and be able to cover these roles should the need arise
- To cover month-end Group Reporting for Financial Reporting Manager
- Any other adhoc projects
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified
- Experience in preparation of financial and management accounts information
- Experience of budgets and forecasting
- Knowledge of accounting controls and procedures and ability to identify and implement improvements
- Strong reporting skills, intermediary/advanced level of Excel
- Knowledge of Power Point would be an advantage
- Knowledge of SAP B1 accounting system desirable.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Pension scheme