- Michael Page
- Nottinghamshire, England
- GBP40000 - GBP50000 per annum
- Closing date
- 9 Feb 2023
- Retail and wholesale
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Management accountant for a leading retailer. Based in Nottinghamshire offering a hybrid working pattern.
A growing retailer with an exciting future ahead of it having grown through acquisition. One of the leaders in their market, with a presence in 9 European countries and the US. Based in Nottinghamshire, this is a great opportunity for a recently qualified accountant!
- Production of Monthly Management Accounts Pack. This includes P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow and various KPIs for the Group
- Production of annual Budgets and quarterly Forecasts for the Group
- Improving regular reporting outputs for internal and external stakeholders
- Reporting on contracts KPIs against budget, forecast and prior year and working with CRM tool
- Investigating and resolving system queries for ticket numbers
- Intercompany reconciliations and recharges
- Ensuring all balance sheets reconciliations are completed each month end
- Responsibility for Affiliate and Rebate reporting on a weekly and monthly basis
- Producing year end file for auditors and dealing with queries from the auditors
- Year End audit preparation including Statutory Accounts and Tax packs
- Completion of quarterly Group VAT return.
- Business partnering with commercial and operational teams
- Developing a good relationship with external customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Gain detailed understanding of ticketing systems and BI tools to understand how they integrate with finance and how best to streamline reporting while maintaining accuracy of data
- Working with Finance Reporting Manager to document all finance processes
- Managing and motivating a small team
- Managing annual business insurance renewals.
- To gain an understanding of Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Banking and be able to cover these roles should the need arise
- To cover month-end Group Reporting for Financial Reporting Manager
- Any other adhoc projects
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified
- Experience in preparation of financial and management accounts information
- Experience of budgets and forecasting
- Knowledge of accounting controls and procedures and ability to identify and implement improvements
- Strong reporting skills, intermediary/advanced level of Excel
- Knowledge of Power Point would be an advantage
- Knowledge of SAP B1 accounting system desirable.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Pension scheme
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert