- Hays Senior Finance
- London, England
- Closing date
- 2 Mar 2023
- Transport and logistics
- Salary band
- £80,000 - £90,000, £90,000 - £100,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Financial Controller - Transport
Your new company
A well-renowned transport business based in Central London is currently hiring a Financial Controller to join their Finance department. With excellent perks and a collaborative work culture, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a business where you can make real impact to the team and success of the department.
Your new role
This role will be a varied and challenging position where you will be required to manage and implement change. Your role will include:
- Management and leadership of a large finance team with circa 20 indirect reports
- Responsibility for internal and group reporting, budgeting, forecasting and investment appraisal
- Responsible for accurate periodic financial and statutory reporting under UP GAAP/IFRS
- Ensuring processes and controls are in place and ensure compliance at all times
- Provide commercial support to senior management and take part in commercial negotiations
- Creating and implementing cost cutting/profitability increasing initiatives
- Manage relations with external auditors
- Assist the FD with various ad-hoc tasks
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with some post-qualification experience, ideally as a Financial Controller/Head of Finance. Experience of Group Reporting under IFRS, staff management, working to tight schedules, and delivering and managing change in a challenging environment is key.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a fast-paced but rewarding position, excellent discounts and a DB pension scheme is on offer. Hybrid and flexible working is also offered.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert