Senior Internal Audit Manager
- Hays Senior Finance
- England, London
- GBP60000.00 - GBP70000.00 per annum + 8-52% pension, work life balance
- Closing date
- 9 Feb 2023
- Charity and not for profit
- Salary band
- £60,000 - £70,000, £70,000 - £80,000
- Contract type
- Contract, Interim
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
Senior Internal Audit role with a large, complex not for profit organisation. 5 month contract initially.
Your new company
This organisation plays a vital role in the life of the nation, strengthening community life in numerous urban, suburban and rural settings. It plays an active role in national life with its members involved in a wide range of public bodies. This is a large complex organisation divided into several areas.
Your new role
This role is being recruited on a temporary basis initially (until end of June 2023) but there is a permanent opportunity here which the temp may apply to.
The postholder will manage internal audit assurance and consultancy assignments and lead the operational delivery of all internal audit work across the NCIs. You will provide management and trustees with independent and objective assurance over the identification, assessment and mitigation of business risks, and identify operational and governance improvements. The role will not involve staff management or risk management, however you will liaise with senior stakeholders and deal with the complexity of the organisation's governance process and structures. The organisation is currently working on improving their software but are currently somewhat reliant on excel and word. IT audit is externally managed. Initial audits will include a Purchase Ledger audit and a Safeguarding audit.
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant professional Internal Audit, Counter Fraud or Accounting qualification i.e. IIA, ACFS, ACA, ACCA, etc.
- Able to establish constructive working relationships with chief officers, senior managers and members (trustees).
- Able to plan and deliver internal audit assignments within limited resources, meeting both customer expectations and professional standards.
- Experience in leading the facilitation of internal audit workshops and reviews with staff and management and involvement in the production and review of the internal audit plan.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information and various stakeholders diplomatically
What you'll get in return
8%-15% non-contributory pension, 28 days holiday, work life balance (this is part of the culture) and flexibility.
Ability to work from home 4 days per week.
Flexible working options available.
The organisation can offer a fixed term contract (their preference) or pay on a daily rate for the first 5 months.
What you need to do now
Please apply now to be considered! Applications are being considered as they come through.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert