- Hays Senior Finance
- Hampshire, England / Hampshire, England, Southampton
- GBP50000.00 - GBP55000.00 per annum + + Bonus
- Closing date
- 1 Mar 2023
- Construction and property
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Finance Manager for busy finance team in Southampton
Your new company
leading supplier of infrastructure maintenance, repair, and renewals solutions. Working for key infrastructure owners and operators including Network Rail, Highways England, UK main airports, National Grid, MoD, and UK ports.
Your new role
- Primary contact for financial reporting of overheads; calculating accruals and prepayments, distributing reports with analysis to functional directors, ensuring that costs are understood and controlled. Preparation of annual budgets and reforecasts, supporting the functional directors through the process.
- Production of monthly, three-month lookahead cashflow forecast. Liaising with Commercial Managers, to understand and challenge assumptions on cash collection. Weekly update of expected cash position to Group Treasury.
- Managing a team of four finance administration staff to maintain the smooth running of the Purchase Ledger and Sub Contractor Ledger payments.
- Supporting the Financial Controller during the month end process, ensuring that revenue and cost of sales accruals are understood.
- Approving payments in banking system.
- Ensuring cross role competence to cover planned and unplanned absence.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to processes and reporting.
- Liaising with third party software providers and the IT department to ensure systems are maintained and developed as required.
- Liaising with external Auditors and preparatory work for the annual audit.
- Ad hoc project work as and when required
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with industry experience.
- Familiar with the construction specific requirements around CIS deductions and reporting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate with confidence to both finance and non-finance senior managers.
- Experience of preparing accounts to trial balance.
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines to a high level of accuracy.
- Experience in the use of Oracle Cloud an advantage.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
Highly competitive salary
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert