Senior Financial Accountant
- Hays Senior Finance
- London, England
- Up to GBP60000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 8 Feb 2023
- Charity and not for profit
- Salary band
- £60,000 - £70,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
Senior Financial Accountant role offering up to £60,000 per annum with a large, complex organisation.
Your new company
This organisation plays a vital role in the life of the nation, strengthening community life in numerous urban, suburban and rural settings. It plays an active role in national life with its members involved in a wide range of public bodies. This is a large complex organisation.
Your new role
You will be part of the Financial Accounting and Control team and will act as the dedicated Financial Accountant, preparing statutory financial reporting and managing the year-end process. You will work with the rest of the team to develop a high-quality finance service, including best practice external reporting and a robust financial control environment. You will work on improving processes and collaborating with your finance colleagues to drive best practice. You will also act as a mentor to more junior members of the team. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Managing the external audit process, including being the primary point of contact with the auditors
- Ensuring accounts are signed off and submitted to Companies House or Charity Commission on time
- Preparing financial statements
- Responsible for ensuring all income and expenditure (including capital expenditure) is correctly accounted for
- Working with the Financial Accounting Officers and Financial Processing team to maintain a strong financial control environment ensuring that monthly reconciliations, checks and reviews are done and compliance with the journals policy
- Working with the Finance Business Partnering team to advise departments on appropriate accounting treatments for new and continuing activities
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will be a fully qualified accountant with excellent attention to detail, strong organisational skills and the ability to build productive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels. You will be enthusiastic and have a positive problem-solving attitude. They are looking for a candidate who will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent IT skills, including advanced Excel and strong finance system skills
- Good technical financial accounting skills and thorough understanding of relevant accounting standards, including FRS 102 and Charities SORP
- Experience gained from working as a financial accountant or external auditor covering all aspects statutory reporting for a large organisation
- SAP experience (desirable)
- Experience of working for a charity (desirable)
What you'll get in return
This is an exciting time to join the organisation who aims for everyone who joins them to feel that they belong and are valued for who they are and what they contribute. In addition to your base salary, you will be offered:
- Hybrid work set up (expected to be in the office twice a week)
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme - 8-15% employer contribution
- Life assurance
- Annual Leave - starts at 25 days per year plus bank holidays and increases with service plus three extra days to be taken at designated times throughout the year.
- Learning & Development
- Discount schemes
- Charity leave: Opportunity to use up to 5 days per annum to volunteer for a registered charity
- Season tickets: Interest-free season ticket loans for rail and bus travel
and many more
What you need to do now
Please apply ASAP to be considered!
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert