Practice Management Accountant
- Michael Page
- Suffolk, Bury St Edmunds, England
- GBP30000 - GBP45000 per annum
- Closing date
- 1 Mar 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £30,000 - £40,000, £40,000 - £50,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
The outsourcing team delivers a wide spectrum of services - from bookkeeping and management reporting for both the UK and international clients, using its on-shore shared services model, to the preparation of statutory accounts and indirect tax returns for multi-jurisdictional clients.
This Top 10 firm with offices all over the UK, acts for very wide ranging clients across varying industries acting for wide ranging industry sector sole trader, partnerships and limited company OMBs, SMEs, with larger clients up into the £millions of turnover. Industries are wide ranging and varied. A mix of remote/home to office working can also work well with The firm also offers flexible working hours and part, or full time hours and working arrangements to suit around the right candidate.
The key responsibilities for this Practice Management Accountant role in Bury St Edmunds include:
- Responsible for client portfolio ensuring accurate preparation of management accounts within deadlines and budgets set
- Proactively update the relevant Outsourcing Manager on client as and when appropriate
- Draft professional correspondence (e.g. email, letter) suitable for submission to a client without significant review points
- To ensure client processes and permanent files are kept up to date
- Key performance measures acted upon on an on-going basis (e.g. chargeable time, utilisation, expected fee income levels)
- Regular and proactive participation in Outsourcing Team meetings
- Accurate and timely preparation of (often complex/bespoke) management accounts and other reporting
- Preparation of VAT returns, EC Sales lists and Intrastat returns
- Training clients in use of their accounts systems
- Work in accordance with the defined systems and procedures
- Carry out ad-hoc assignments with assistance (usually solving clients accounting system issues)
- Ability to analytically review results and analyse KPIs
- Request appropriate funding from Parent Company to cover expected outgoings of the subsidiary/branch on a timely basis
- Recognise issues with European implications and act accordingly (e.g. VAT, taxation, foreign currency)
- Prepare an audit file which could be submitted to the client's auditors
- Knowledge of IFRS/UKGAAP
- Accurately compile information for P11D preparation by Tax Department
- Good compliance skills with limited supervision
- Effective use of IT including Excel, accounts packages, Outlook
- Maintain high professional standards of conduct and practice
- Apply knowledge of RSM, industry, markets and core client base, highlighting potential business opportunities to the relevant Outsourcing Manager
- Be aware of relevant financial targets and constraints and contributes to achieving these, keeping the relevant Outsourcing Manager informed of progress
- Understand need for continuous learning
- Work closely with junior members to ensure their continual development
- Adhere to client reporting deadlines in an efficient and timely manner
The successful candidate for this Practice Management Accountant role in Bury St Edmunds will have/be:
- Ideally ACA/ACCA qualified
- 2 years post qual experience
- good practice background with management accounts experience.
What is on offer for the candidate?
- Salary of up to £35,000
- Whole host of other benefits
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert