FCA and CASS Audit Manager
- Hays Senior Finance
- England, Hertfordshire, Watford
- Closing date
- 1 Mar 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £60,000 - £70,000, £70,000 - £80,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
ACA or ACCA qualified. Watford job opportunity. UK GAAP and IFRS. FCA Client Asset specialist experience.
To assist the Watford team in helping to grow the firm, the duties you will carry out are:
- Managing a full portfolio of regulated financial service firms and other statutory audit clients.
- Booking appropriate staff to complete each engagement.
- Reviewing files and highlighting key issues to the audit RI.
- Liaising with clients in an appropriate manner and style.
- Setting budgets and negotiating fees with clients.
- Raising invoices in accordance with agreed billing profile.
- Tracking delivery against budgets / identifying any cause of overruns.
- Involvement with appraisals/reviews and identifying training as required.
- Engaging in business development / networking events.
- Beginning to demonstrate the ability to introduce new clients to Firm through personal contacts, or networking, or existing client introductions.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- FCA Client Asset (CASS) specialist experience and knowledge
- FCA Statutory Audit experience and knowledge
- ACA or ACCA qualified.
- At least 2 year's post qualified audit experience from a UK Accountancy Firm.
- Technically strong in UK GAAP and IFRS.
- IT competent and be familiar with computerised packages (ideally Caseware).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and multi-task effectively.
- Strong ability to identify key risk areas at planning and completion.
- Able to work on own initiative and be flexible, also being a team player and effective delegator of tasks whilst continuing to accept responsibility for delegated activities.
- Demonstrating a positive attitude and acting as a role model.
- Full time role - Monday to Friday (combination of office/home working).
- Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
- Right to work in the UK required.
The package will include:
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme (Employer: 5%; Employee: 3%) subject to eligibility.
- Annual Christmas Bonus equivalent to 1 week's salary.
- Private Medical Insurance following completion of a 3 month probationary period (this is a taxable benefit).
- Death In Service scheme cover (4x salary).
- Group Income Protection Scheme (non-contributory) following completion of a 3 month probationary period.
- Annual Leave will be 25 days per annum (pro rata). 3 days are normally taken at Christmas/New Year.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert