Financial Accountant - Ipswich/Hybrid/ Good Benefits
- Hays Senior Finance
- Ipswich, England, Suffolk
- GBP48000.00 - GBP50000.00 per annum + Hybrid plus benefits
- Closing date
- 1 Mar 2023
- Transport and logistics
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
NEW: Financial Accountant Opportunity for a Qualified Accountant Ipswich/Hybrid - Excellent Career Development
Your new company
Market leading privately owned international business with modern offices and excellent working environment in Ipswich are, due to continued growth and investment, looking to expand their finance team and recruit a qualified accountant for one of their leading divisions.
Your new role
As Financial Accountant you will have responsibility for all aspects of financial compliance and reporting of an UK entity. Providing preparation and analysis of working papers relating to month end and year end reporting, PSA, Corporation Tax, VAT and Carbon reporting. Ensuring compliance of financial standards and legislation are met.
- As Financial Accountant you will work with the finance management team to Improve profitability and cash flow through the execution of effective financial control.
- Produce statutory accounts in accordance with the relevant accounting principles and legislation
- Prepare the audit working papers for the yearend including Group reporting and intercompany
- Complete the month end reporting including the preparation of working papers and managing Group reporting closure
- Ensure compliance of financial standards and other financial legislation
- Ensure tax compliance and associated reporting. Including supporting UK SAO requirements, VAT, Employment Tax, Corporation Tax, Tax Strategy and Transfer Pricing
- Prepare working papers for PSA, Corporation Tax and SECR
- Prepare the VAT return
- Complete Office for National Statistics Surveys
- Undertake full monthly balance sheet reviews investigating and resolving any issues.
What you'll need to succeed
The Financial Accountant will be a Qualified Accountant with good technical knowledge and a keen interest in business. They will be ambitious, eager to develop their accounting, business partnering and analytical skills in a fast moving commercial business where they can progress within this highly successful and market leading group.
What you'll get in return
Our client invests in their people and offers personal and career development and excellent opportunity to progress your career within the group
They offer a competitive salary and very good benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert