Head of Accounts
- London (Greater) (GB)
- Salary: £50,000-£60,000 + discretionary option awards
- Closing date
- 28 Feb 2023
- Environment, Science and technology, Transport and logistics
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Why: Nearly a quarter of the world’s CO2 is produced by transport. We started Viritech two years ago with a mission to address the global challenge of delivering sustainable transportation by applying F1-derived technology to real-world problems.
What: We’ve developed industry-leading technology for hydrogen fuel cell power systems, primarily for cars and trucks. Our lightweight, space efficient technologies radically increase the efficiency of fuel cell vehicles.
How: From our office in London and engineering facility in Nuneaton, we evolve with the rapidly changing world of renewable energy. Our highly experienced management team have backgrounds in entrepreneurship, banking and management consulting, and share an attitude that celebrates taking the initiative. Our engineering team is largely composed of ex-F1 engineers who built their careers refining technologies and creatively solving problems. This can-do ethos is core to our culture and collaborative environment, and is complemented by lean, flexible working practices to the get the most from our team.
When we set out to build Viritech, we were ambitious about how fast the company would grow, but the reality has exceeded our ambition. When businesses grow at this pace, developing processes to direct future growth becomes more and more important. As a result, our Finance team is growing.
You will report to the Director of Finance, working with the broader team and will be managing one direct report. It will be your responsibility to have your finger on the financial pulse of the business, responsible for financial reporting and controls. You will also build financial models and interact with senior stakeholders, including the CEO, CTO and members of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT). The role is based in London with 1-2 days per week at MIRA Technology Park in Nuneaton. The business has grown substantially over the past 12 months and there will be significant scope for the FC role to grow with the company.
We have a can-do engineering attitude derived from F1, where the most efficient solution wins. If you’re prepared to take the initiative, shoulder responsibility and work in a fast-paced environment, then you will thrive at Viritech.
Flexible working from our London office in Borough, with visits to our engineering workshop near Nuneaton
- Monthly Board reporting
- Full ownership of the profit and loss account, inclusive of accurate management of the results and robust forecast assumptions
- Constructively monitoring and challenging financial performance, ensuring variances are understood by partnering with key stakeholders
- Cashflow management
- Building company-wide budgets and financial models
- Managing and implementing the company’s financial control framework and associated policies
- Oversight of the accounts payable function
- Reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Reviewing VAT returns
- Managing the year-end accounts process (statutory financial statements, Corporation Tax and R&D returns)
- Developing plans for financial growth
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA), Big 4 experience preferred
- Experience working in a high-growth, SME environment preferred though not essential
- Strong technical finance background
- Must be confident to report and present to senior leadership
- Analytical skills, with the ability to effectively summarise and interpret data to wide range of stakeholders
- Interest in engineering / clean technology / automotive
- Desire to work in a high-energy environment with a commitment to excellence
- Happy to work as part of a team, whilst also being comfortable to work independently and accept substantial individual responsibility
- A belief in a sustainable future and desire to make it a reality soon!
Please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert