- Michael Page
- Birmingham, West Midlands, England
- GBP45000 - GBP55000 per annum
- Closing date
- 27 Feb 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Undertake risk-based auditing of key controls to identify areas of vulnerability and deliver assurance to the organisation.
A leading Housing organisation providing 34,000 homes for 70,000 customers across the Midlands, where you can look forward to working with talented colleagues with a shared passion for brilliant quality homes.
- Support the Head of Strategy, Planning and Assurance to deliver holistic assurance to the organisation, ensuring the company successfully delivers its objectives, safeguards our assets and mitigates against risk.
- Undertake risk-based auditing of key controls across the group, maintaining Emergency Response plans and contract management of our external Internal Audit partners.
- Liaise with a wide range of stakeholders and senior leaders to identify areas of vulnerability where a formal audit might add value, oversee robust and transparent audits of key business processes and systems and confidently present back your findings and recommendations.
- Work closely with Internal Audit partners, ensuring recommendations and corrective actions are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- You'll hold a Chartered Internal Auditor (CIA) or Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- You'll have demonstrable experience of undertaking audits along with experience of providing detailed reports and recommendations
- You'll have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to negotiate, challenge and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Competitive salary of up to £50,000
- Hybrid working - 2 days per week in office
- Providing you with great exposure to leadership teams, allowing you to build your reputation in a well-established organisation
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert