UK Finance Manager/Controller
- Hays Senior Finance
- England, South Yorkshire, Sheffield
- GBP60000.00 - GBP70000.00 per annum + Car allowance, hybrid working
- Closing date
- 27 Feb 2023
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Salary band
- £60,000 - £70,000, £70,000 - £80,000
- Contract type
- Permanent, Contract
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Exciting UK Finance Manager/Financial Controller with a leading, global listed engineering business
Exciting Fixed Term opportunity with temp-to-perm option.
Start date asap.
Your new company
I'm delighted to be partnered with a leading, global specialist manufacturing/engineering organisation who are internationally listed operating in over 70 countries worldwide.
A leading brand in their field, this is an exciting opportunity to join a continually growing organisation with excellent future opportunities longer term to work in an organisation with a global footprint.
Your new role
You'll be joining the organisation as a the Business Controller for the UK segment of the business (c.£22m t/o) managing 3x members of staff: Management Accountant, Purchase Ledger (who have both been in the business for over 10 years) and another purchase ledger employee in another office. This is, in essence, a senior Finance Manager post well suited to either an established Business Partner or someone looking to take a step up in role seniority and exposure.
This role will assume overall responsibility for all financial aspects across all sites of the business unit. You will act as a business partner to the UK Managing Director and develop and coach each team on finance personnel.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- To ensure accurate and timely reporting of the requisite financials in line with group requirements and more importantly to accurately interpret business results on a continuous basis to identify potential issues to address or opportunities to pursue to enhance the operating profit of the business
- As the UK Finance Manager ensure all local legal, tax and statutory reporting requirements are fulfilled including liaising with local and group auditors and professional advisers
- As the UK Business Controller ensure all local legal, tax and statutory reporting requirements are fulfilled including liaising with local and group auditors and professional advisors.
- Review levels of working capital in the company to ensure it is kept at optimum levels in order to maximize cash flow
- Ensure adequate financial controls and review systems in the company to ensure accuracy of reported information and minimize risk of fraudulent or otherwise inappropriate activities.
- Participate in acquisition processes and integration as required
- Implement Group Finance initiatives in the company, monitor progress and report back status and deviations from plans
- Develop and coach UK finance personnel
Some travel to UK sites a couple of times a month will be required as part of the role.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a fully qualified, CCAB accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with the following skills and competencies, ideally from an engineering/manufacturing background:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Define and implement KPI's against the above for all team members and regularly monitor performance of the team and individuals against these metrics
- Monitor results in all areas of the business against the Annual Operating Plan for the UK business to achieve targeted revenues, order intake, gross margin and EBIT targets annually
- Able to work closely with peers and be a significant contributor to the overall leadership of the business
- Hands on and inclusive leader of his/her team, continually provides guidance and feedback
Special Competencies required:
- Able to work comfortably with the designated IT systems and ability to apply in a practical sense in line with the requirements of the business (self & team)
- Good mastery of Microsoft Office suite (Excel in particular)
What you'll get in return
- Salary: up to £70,000 p/a depending on experience
- 20% bonus
- £8,600 p/a car allowance
- 4% employer/3% employee pension
- 4x life assurance
- 25 days + statutory holiday
Hybrid working is available - typically 3 days per week in office.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert