Interim Finance Director
- Michael Page
- Greater Manchester, England, Manchester
- GBP350 - GBP400 per day
- Closing date
- 6 Feb 2023
- Charity and not for profit
- Salary band
- £300 - £450 per day
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
The finance director post is a brand new role within a developing Trust managing all aspects of finance within an accurate ad efficient manner while also contributing to the longer term and strategic growth of the organisation.
My client is a rewarding not for profit organisation committed to improving the lives of others and with a growing vision to develop vastly in the upcoming years. This is an exciting opportunity to embark on this journey from the onset.
As the interim Finance Director you will:
- Manage all aspects of the finance function inclusive of budgets and actuals.
- Manage and lead on the commercial discussions and contract meetings, managing those relationships with internal and external points of contacts as a senior leader within the organisation.
- Utilising the internal and external information to facilitate effective decision making and expand the financial performance of the company.
- Leadership on the financial and commercial aspects of analysing and implementing the organisations growth and expansion plans.
- Ensuring month end processes are achieved within an accurate and timely manner, including all budgets, analysis, reconciliations, KPI reporting, variance analysis while also ensuring all KPI's and MI's are met on time.
- Manage and lead on the finances and budgets and forecasts for the organisation.
- Manage, development and implement financial policies, procedures, and internal controls within the organisation.
- Manage the commercial consultations and evaluating for new tenders to include reviewing contracts and negotiating appropriate changes.
The successful interim Finance Director will be:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience within a similar role.
- Experience within the Not for Profit sector.
- An ability to identify and react to emerging issues.
- Experience within accounting and good team working skills with the ability to supervise a team,
- Experience in delivering projects to tight deadlines.
- The ability to analyse financial issues and interpret information.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience with managing month and year end audits.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload to tight deadlines.
- The ability to represent the ethos and objectives of the organisations specialists.
Benefits of the role:
- Immediate Start.
- Hybrid working model.
- Excellent opportunity to join an exceptional organisation.
- Opportunity to embark on a journey of growth.
- 4M interim role initially, with potential to extend.
- Temp-Perm option if of interest.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert