- Michael Page
- London, England
- GBP43000 - GBP47000 per annum
- Closing date
- 27 Feb 2023
- Charity and not for profit
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
Due to the internal advancement of the current Finance Manager to Head of Finance, the Finance Manager position will be joining a small established high performing team. You will be in charge of providing cross-organisational support to colleagues with varying levels of finance management expertise, as well as motivating colleagues to grow and adapt within their respective work areas and overseeing all reporting and analytical processes.
Our client is a charity that is undergoing a change to ensure its long-term viability. They have a long history of providing inclusive and sport programmes, empowering young people with disabilities and from disadvantaged communities to develop the knowledge, skills, capabilities, and confidence needed to overcome the challenges of inequality, raise their aspirations, and reach their potential.
- You will be responsible for establishing a business partnering approach, enabling budget holders to be accountable for their budgets while working in collaboration with the finance team to ensure finance is at the centre of decision-making.
- Review accounts using strong analytical thinking and procedures to find areas for improvement or concern, as well as identify and minimise risks.
- Individual and collective support should be provided to both the finance team and the larger organisation to develop overall competency in all areas of financial management systems and processes.
- Lead month-end processing using a collaborative approach to generate management accounts.
- Identify areas for improvement and provide ongoing improvements to current procedures and controls.
- Assist the Head of Finance with the statutory accounts and yearly audit, and take responsibility for quarterly budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Challenge under performance and offer solutions to teams where finance management falls short of the standards required for high-quality delivery.
- A qualification in ACCA, CIPFA, or CIMA is preferred with knowledge of SORP.
- Proven experience assisting with the move from legacy systems and procedures to modernised methods utilising integrated systems.
- Detail-oriented and well-versed in key accounting principles and regulatory standards.
- Team player who can lead by example.
- Annual salary between £43,000 and £47,000.
- Hybrid and Flexible working.
- 30 days annual leave + bank holidays.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert