Head of Finance
- Michael Page
- London, England
- GBP45000 - GBP55000 per annum
- Closing date
- 27 Feb 2023
- Charity and not for profit
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Head of Finance, a newly formed job, in this position, you will be responsible to the Team Rector for providing effective and collaborative financial support and leadership for the Charity and the individual churches. You will also work closely with the Honorary Treasurers of each of four churches. Each church operates as an independent business unit, with the Parish serving as the primary legal entity.
Our client is a Parish in South West London with four churches and an annual turnover of almost £1 million, as well as considerable property assets such as church housing, rental apartments, and adjacent church halls. The Parish is considering committing to a £3 million building project, which will necessitate careful financial planning and estimates.
- To work closely with the churches' Honorary Treasurers, as well as to produce and submit reports for the Parish as a whole and for the four individual churches.
- To create and maintain strong financial systems that follow best practises.
- You will oversee creating the annual budget for the Parish and the four individual churches, as well as developing a rolling 5-year plan.
- Ensure that audited accounts are given to the Parochial Church Council prior to the Annual Parochial Church Meeting, and that the audited accounts are presented at the APCM.
- Ensure the creation of monthly management accounts, as well as the provision of analysis and variance reports against budget.
- To ensure the timely and accurate submission of statutory returns such as NI, PAYE, VAT, and so on, as well as any reclaims for Gift Aid or VAT on listed structures.
- Attend Parochial Church Council and individual church meetings, standing committee meetings, and Parish Housing Committee meetings.
- Collaborate with the Honorary Treasurers of the different churches, to streamline and simplify the accounting systems of the churches and Parochial Church Council.
- Preparation and monitoring of cash-flow forecasts, including proper analysis of restricted and unrestricted funds.
- Accountant with ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, and CCAB qualifications.
- Experience preparing budgets, monthly management accounts and rolled up reporting, and statutory accounts for audit is required.
- Self-motivated, self-starter with good technical accounting and analytical skills is required.
- Quickbooks experience is required.
- Experience of property management and financial management of building projects.
- Annual salary is between £45,000 and £55,000 depending on experience.
- There are 25 days in total, including bank holidays.
- 3 or 4 days every week (attendance at evening committee meetings is required and forms part of the working hours).
- Flexible working.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert