Group Internal Auditor
- Michael Page
- Birmingham, England, West Midlands
- Closing date
- 24 Feb 2023
- Retail and wholesale
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
This role is a great opportunity to work within a well-respected Internal Audit function which strives for continuous improvement, identifying pragmatic solutions to problems through the dynamic and forward-thinking approaches of the team.
Leading brand in the Midlands.
The role provides great exposure to the senior and executive leadership teams, including the Group FD and CFO, allowing you to build your reputation in a well-established organisation. Over the last five years, the team have a proven track record in developing and promoting within, enabling this role to be available now.
The role of Internal Auditor is to support the implementation of the audit plan and assist with ad hoc reviews/investigations. This role reports into the Group Internal Controls Manager and will also involve working for the Group Internal Audit Manager, both of whom ultimately report to the Director of Internal Audit.
There are opportunities to work alongside all areas of the business and get involved in a variety of audits/reviews, including; balance sheet audits, process audits, policy reviews and fraud investigations.
- Plan and develop the audit scope; performing risk based operational and financial audits
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the organisation's risk management, governance and internal control processes
- Present and discuss audit findings and recommendations and produce draft reports.
- Track outstanding recommendations to ensure they are adequately implemented and to drive continuous improvement
- Monitor ongoing process compliance
Essential: Qualified Accountant (preferably ACA / ACCA) with an audit background
Desirable: One year post qualification experience
- Planning, execution and completion of audits
- Expertise in the auditing of Balance Sheets
- Auditing multi-site businesses, preferably within the manufacturing industry
- Review of processes and controls
- Making recommendations for control improvements
- Computer literate - Excel skills required
- Ability to analyse and summarise large volumes of data
- Strong communication/ presentation skills with ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Working both independently and as part of a team
- Full driving license
Superb package and development on offer.
Low travel within the role.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert