Management Accountant - Rail Operator - £55-60,000 + benefits
- Hays Senior Finance
- London, City of London, England / England, London / West End, London, England
- GBP55000.00 - GBP60000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 3 Feb 2023
- Transport and logistics
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000, £60,000 - £70,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Your new company
You will be working for a leading train operator in London as part of the wider company operating passenger transport across Europe. Joining their Management Accounts team with fantastic career progression opportunities and a great working culture. High-performing but friendly culture with facetime in the office encouraged (but working from home 2 days a week). Working for an exciting company with a turnover of around £200 mil which is constantly growing.
Your new role
You will be working as a Management Accountant reporting to the Senior Management Accountant. Key responsibilities include:
- Business Partnering with operations leaders across multiple sites and senior stakeholders
- Preparing and presenting analysis to board members
- Full ownership of preparing the management accountants
- Preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns
- Supporting with the annual budget and annual forecasting
- Supporting with the preparation of statutory accounts
- Supporting with ad-hoc reporting and analysis responsibilities
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be an ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant with experience preparing management accounts
What you'll get in return
You will receive a fantastic benefits package including free travel to work and gain experience working in the head offices of the company. They also really encourage the team to be in the office to create a fantastic working culture with the expectation of 3 days in the office per week.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert