My client is an established financial services business based in Cheltenham who focus on forging relationships that are built to last. With over 600 employees around the world and a global footprint across more than 150 countries.
Responsible for the overseeing of the management accounting for all insurance broking and MGA entities including month end management accounts, year-end statutory accounts, and all regulatory returns. Developing junior team members.
- Responsible for the production of the monthly management accounts, including the posting and review of revenue journals and reconciliations of the source system to the reporting system. This includes ensuring they are prepared and reported to local and US management within the reporting timeframes.
- Prepare all the month end variance analysis to support the monthly management accounts
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation analysis for all balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare the year end statutory accounts for the entities in accordance with the current accounting standards, including posting any UK GAAP statutory journals.
- Prepare quarterly FCA regulatory returns (RMAR, financial resilience), ONS returns and also accounts for sharing with external parties.
- Act as mentor (deputise for the Head of Finance Operations) in supporting the trainee management accountant who supports the insurance entities.
- Support the Head of Finance Operations with documentation of all processes and controls in order to support the year end audit, including various process improvement initiatives.
- Prepare walkthroughs of all processes to review the controls in place and make suggestions on gaps identified in an effort for continuous improvement.
- Support the Head of Finance Operations in completion of various group entity Financial Statements, supporting the interim and year end audit process.
- Individual projects/tasks designated by Financial Controller and any other general admin/managerial duties as required.
- Monthly management account experience
- Statutory accounts preparation experience
- Experience dealing with technical accounting issues
- Ability to problem solve and come up with solutions in a changing environment
- Proven ability to implement change, including to the control environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with others - strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
- Great Plains knowledge desirable
- Qualified (ACA, ACCA,CIMA or equivalent)
What you get in return?
In return you will receive a competitive salary, flexible working arrangements and reporting into a manager who believes in progression and development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.