PageOutsourcing are excited to partner with MHA to support with the recruitment of an Audit & Accounts Assistant Manager.
Our client, MHA McIntyre Hudson is a top 15 accountancy practice in the UK with a clear ambition to break into and cement themselves within the top 10.
Specialising within Audit Tax Planning, Corporate Finance, Business Strategy, and outsourcing within a variety of sectors.
MHA are proud to be a founding member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales (ICAEW).
Key responsibilities of this role include (but not limited to);
- Deal with correspondence from clients.
- Agree timing of work/scheduling with clients.
- Regularly review and give feedback on work.
- Manage own portfolio of clients (where appropriate).
- Ensure the planning memorandum is produced, identify risk areas and most efficient method of gathering audit evidence.
- Delegate, supervise and review work of seniors and juniors, ensuring the file is complete and all review points addressed before it is passed to the Partner or Manager.
- Monitor work in progress on all jobs within the portfolio, communicating any potential problems and write offs to the Partners or Managers on a timely basis.
- Excluding audits, be aware of other MHA MacIntyre Hudson services and products which may be appropriate to the clients.
- Monitor filing deadlines and ensure deadlines are achieved, including corporation tax and Companies House filings.
- Review work and complete staff assessment forms.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to more junior staff and give detailed help and training as required, to ensure skills are improved to enhance future effectiveness.
- Monitor the performance of staff working on jobs; including giving feedback after files have been reviewed and completing audit review form at the end of each job, noting any training and development needs that have been identified.
- Brief staff and allocate tasks and timescales.
- Act as point of liaison with client re: information or queries where appropriate.
- Complete on-site visits to clients.
- Be involved in tenders and presentations on audits & accounts.
- Identify new business opportunities.
- Establish local business contacts/networking
- Plan, control, and review client work to ensure that the jobs are completed as efficiently and effectively as possible by allocating the resource available.
- Hold pre-audit meetings with clients where appropriate to establish the events that have had an impact on business and any areas needing particular attention.
- Prepare a time budget for each assignment, considering the level of the fees and other non-audit work to be included within that fee.
- Ensure a detailed audit or accounts planning memorandum is completed by the senior, with the information they will need to approach the audit work in the most efficient manner.
The successful candidate will be
- ACCA/ACA fully qualified or similar
- At least 2 years post qualified experience
- Up-to-date CPE and recent developments in accounting standards
- Experience of OMBs covering a range of industries
- Computer packages - Excel, Word, Sage, Alpha Tax, Caseware, VPM/Central
- Supervisory experience - ability to manage and delegate effectively
- Client focus and commercially aware
- Communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organisation skills - the ability to juggle several different tasks at once
- Be positive and committed to MHA in dealings both with clients and staff
This role offers
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday (including public holidays)
- Buy/ sell up to 5 holiday days
- Pension scheme
- Exceptional study support
- Life insurance
- Private medical cover
- Retail/ Gym discounts