As a Barclays Senior Analyst – Valuations Control, you will have an exciting opportunity to become part of our newly set up Valuation Control team who will focus on providing independent oversight of the fair values associated with the firm’s trading portfolios. You will draw on your experience to perform regular independent price verification, providing oversight of provision and reserve methodologies, as well as regular measurement and reporting of Regulatory Prudent Valuations. This is a great chance to be involved with regional and global projects.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Liaising with Product Control, Risk Management and Quantitative departments on valuation and modelling issues
• Discussing, reporting and escalating price testing results with front office and senior management
• Being involved in regional and global ad-hoc projects
• Managing relationships across departments and the desk
• Influencing and motivating others in the delivery of key projects in pressurised circumstances
• Supporting knowledge sharing within the team in conducting coaching and training, while driving a high-performance culture
• Seeking opportunities for continuous development of personal capability and identifying potential sources for new ideas and approaches, leading to an improved performance
• Ensuring duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
What we’re looking for:
• Good understanding of investment banking products with an appreciation/ understanding of valuation concepts
• Experience and proven track record in dealing with junior and senior stakeholders
• Good quantitative skills with experience in the related IT tools and MS office
• Solid interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, along with the ability to work independently to resolve unstructured problems
Skills that will help you in the role
• Identifying control or valuation concerns and driving control improvement for their area
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, as well as to multi-task and prioritise own request
• MSc degree in quantitative discipline or a similar qualification and/ or professional qualification (e.g. CFA, FRM)
• Knowledge of automation tools and coding – Python, Alteryx, etc.
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.