Group Reporting Accountant (2 yrs PQE)
Location: Plymouth, hybrid role – part home based, part office based
Excellent benefits including 25 days annual leave increasing with service, flexible and agile working opportunities to allow for a great work/life balance, Company Maternity and Paternity Pay, a Group Pension scheme with generous employer contribution, Employee Assistance Programme, Death in Service 8 x salary plus the option to flex your benefits.
Succession Wealth is one of the UK's leading, independent financial planning businesses, with a national network of Wealth Advisors and support teams providing holistic, wealth management and financial planning services to individuals and organisations.
Now is a fantastic time to join Succession as, with the backing of our parent company Aviva, we are entering an exciting new phase of planned growth which will see our business develop and flourish even further. As a growing business we have fantastic opportunities for career progression and will also support with sponsorship and study time for relevant qualifications.
We now have an opportunity within our Plymouth based Finance department for a Qualified Accountant with circa 2-3 years PQE to join our expanding team.
This role would suit someone who enjoys data analysis and is looking to specialise in this area as the main focus of this role will be to gather and analyse operational performance data for the purposes of forecasting and budgeting.
Key activities will include:
- Taking a lead in the preparation and consolidation of group budgets including communication to Board.
- Liaising with Finance business partners to create, track and understand departmental budgets along with ongoing support with variance analysis.
- Preparing quarterly re-forecasts for wider Group reporting
- Communication of key financial information to business stakeholders, both regular and ad hoc reporting.
- Analysis of key financial information to identify trends and potential discrepancies.
- Consolidation of the monthly management accounts of individual entities into group management reporting pack.
- Cashflow reporting and variance analysis
- Assist in the preparation of the group board report.
- Leading and supporting with projects as required.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
We are looking for a confident, self-motivated individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to build relationships and work with agility in a fast paced environment.
You will also need:
- To be a qualified Accountant
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience within an Accountancy / Audit role
- Experience of working within a financial services company preferred but not essential
- Ability to quickly analyse and understand financial information
- Strong data analysis skills
- Advanced Excel skills