Page Outsourcing are excited to partner with an award-winning accountancy firm, MHA to support with the recruitment of an Audit & Accounts Executive.
MHA are a top 15 accountancy practice in the UK with a clear ambition to break into and cement themselves within the top 10. Specialising within Audit Tax Planning, Corporate Finance, Business Strategy, and outsourcing within a variety of sectors. Our client are proud to be a founding member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales (ICAEW).
As the Audit & Accounts Executive you will lead a large number of audit jobs, ensuring deadlines are met and compliant with necessary regulations. Completing the job before passing to the Manager for review.
- Produce a detailed audit planning memorandum, including details of any potential difficulties that may have been encountered during previous audits and ensure correct tests are applied to produce sufficient audit evidence, reporting to the relevant Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager.
- Allocate sections to junior staff and brief on what is expected of them.
- Answer queries from juniors throughout the audit.
- Complete audits in accordance with our clients audit procedures, with assistance from more senior members of staff where required.
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensure that budgets are met, address any problems that are encountered to ensure that the audit is finished within budget and timeframe.
- Check and supervise the work of more junior staff both on site and in office and complete any sections as necessary.
- Ensure all hours worked on any client are recorded correctly, enabling a true reflection of the profitability of the job to be shown.
- Complete analysis of items for tax.
- Sign off audit sections, address any problems and/or queries and complete the file before passing it on to the Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager for review.
The successful candidate will be:
- ACA or ACCA, fully qualified with practice experience
- 3 years + auditing experience
- Competent planning and completion skills
- Computer experience - Sage, Excel, Word and ideally CaseWare (accounts and audit) and tax software
- Previous experience of supervising/mentoring junior members of staff
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- Circa £50,000pa.
- Hybrid working from a central London office.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Strong support for your personal development
- 33 days holiday (including public holidays)