Page Outsourcing are excited to partner with an award-winning accountancy firm, MHA to support with the recruitment of an Audit Manager within their Financial Services team.
Within this role you will be required to manage a diverse portfolio of clients across Investment Management, Funds and Banking.
You will play a key role in influencing and motivating the team to ensure clients needs are met and to the first-class standard that is expected.
MHA are a top 15 Accountancy Practice in the UK with a clear ambition to break into and cement themselves within the top 10.
They are proud to be a founding member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales (ICAEW).
Key responsibilities within this role will include (but not limited to);
- Plan, control and review client work on a portfolio of Financial Services clients, including banks, SPV's, Investment Managers, Brokers/Dealers, and advisory firms.
- Prepare a time budget for each assignment, considering the level of the fees and other non-audit work to be included within that fee.
- Ensure a detailed audit plan is completed, including details of potential anomalies.
- Ensure that trainees are allocated a variety of jobs to provide a broad range of training and maximise their experience.
- Regular appraisals and sign off training records to enable staff to be developed and in turn enhance their effectiveness.
- Work closely with other managers in the business to ensure control of the day-to day management of all audit staff.
- Provide clear and effective communication with all clients to ensure any issues are highlighted and resolved.
- It is important to build strong relationships with existing and future clients.
Business Development and Advisory
- Identify opportunities for additional services that the company can provide to their clients.
- Be proactive in involving other experts where relevant - i.e., Corporate Finance, Tax, Financial Services.
The successful candidate will be
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA with a minimum of 3 years post qualified experience in external audit, accounts preparation and general practice
- Experience working with variety of different sized organisations in the Financial Sector
- Demonstrable ability to motivate, delegate effectively, develop the team and be a strong leader
- Attention to detail to target engagement partner involvement on key auditing and accounting issues
- Client focused and able to think commercially - able to seek out opportunities within the portfolio
- Organisational skills with the ability to successfully manage conflicting priorities
MHA offers many benefits including but not limited to:
- 33 days holiday (including public holidays)
- Buy/ sell up to 5 holiday days
- Pension scheme
- Exceptional study support
- Life insurance
- Private medical cover
- Retail/ Gym discounts
- Flexible working
- Car lease scheme