Exciting opportunity to join a specialist manufacturing group in the heart of Norfolk.
Your new company
A single source supplier offering premier engineering design and manufacturing of High and Low Voltage AC and DC Electric Motors, and Electro-Mechanical Power Trans-mission Products which include Generators, Gearboxes, Geared Motors, Eddy Current Variable Speed Drives, Electro-Pneumatic Clutches, and Brakes.
They are a centre of Excellence for manufacturing Mid and High Voltage Induction Motors. They take pride in their unique ability to provide customers with over 100 years of technical expertise in fields as diverse as Processing, Manufacturing, Oil and Gas (both exploration and production), Petrochemicals, Water, Sewage, Desalination, Mining, Nuclear, and defence environments.
They now have a requirement to recruit for a Financial Controller on a permanent full time basis.
Your new role
Reporting directly into and supporting the CFO, your main duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Prepare all financial planning and analysis (FP&A), including forecasting, budgeting, and cash flow management.
- Managing a finance department
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Build and manage monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts.
- Oversee and review accounting tasks, including but not limited to payroll, taxes, and compliance.
- Support the CFO to present financial reports to executives, board members, investors, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the executives and directors to create budgets and track key performance indicators.
- Meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Know and adhere to UK generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Manage the local and IFRS financial auditing and local tax declaration and inspections.
Full Job Description is available on request.
The working hours are 8:00 until 16:45 - Mon to Thurs / 8:00 until 12:30 - Fri. This role is 100% office based, but they are flexible on start and finish times. Whether you have a Doctors appointment to attend or you are responsible for the school run, they have degree of flexibility.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller looking for a varied role, or for someone looking for their 1st time Financial Controller role, gaining support and guidance from an experienced FD/CFO.
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally, you will be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent) with some post qualification experience within a transferable industry, however this is not essential. We're looking for someone with the drive and enthusiasm to manage and guide a finance team, whilst also receiving support and guidance from the CFO. You will also have a good understanding of financial reporting, have strong analytical skills, be able to communicate effectively across the business and be able to work as part of a close-knit team.
What you'll get in return
On offer is a competitive salary DOE, ranging from £50,000-£70,000 per annum. Will potentially stretch further for the right candidate, and will include a bonus structure depending on the pay grade. As part of the company benefits at this level, you will also receive life assurance paid out at 4x annual salary, pension (6% employer / 5% employee) and much more.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.