Playing a key role in a small team of 5, number 2 to the Senior Financial Controller (FC), the role is responsible for ensuring management accounts are reported accurately and in a timely manner. The factory is fast paced and prepares weekly and monthly P&L's, the role will be pivotal in delivering the P&L's & ensuring variances are clearly reported to the FC and SLT.
A leading manufacturer and supplier of high quality foods and menu solutions for the UK retail and foodservice sectors.
· Reporting into Financial Controller, delegating in their absence.
· Ensuring Weekly P&L is updated, reviewing commentary with team for FC.
· Ensuring Weekly P&L Presentation is updated, reviewing comments with team for FC
· Assisting FC with month end, driving finalisation of P&L and Balance sheet reconciliations, delivering high standard month end reporting, variance analysis and reconciled balance sheet control accounts.
· Reporting Sales & Gross Margin for factory, reporting sales to SLT Daily, weekly, monthly & YTD, ensuring volume, mix and price variance is calculated and key variances to budgets/forecasts are understood. Reviewing low gross margin SKU's and working with commercial teams to minimise, supporting pricing negotiations.
· Ensuring weekly and monthly rebates are calculated for sales report, preparing rebate journals at month end and reconciling reports to general ledger, ensuring invoices are reconciled & posted against provisions made, highlighting any rebate risks, & working with commercial team to document any rebate contracts in place.
· Monitoring warehouse spend, ensuring spend is tracked on a monthly basis, ensuring accruals are booked and variances are analysed with supply chain director, making recommendations for saving initiatives.
· Monitoring distribution spend, ensuring spend is tracked on a monthly basis, ensuring accruals are booked and variances are analysed with Supply Chain Director, making recommendations for saving initiatives.
· Attending Daily Operations meeting to understand factory performance and key daily challenges feeding back to FC and FD.
· Reporting monthly overheads v's latest budget/forecast, business partnering the SLT to ensure key variances are understood, highlighting key overspends and working to align back to forecast.
· Holding monthly overhead meetings with cost centre owners (SLT) to ensure managers are aware of their overhead spend and variances.
· Ensuring general ledger transactions for overheads are accurately posted into P&L, posting recode journals on a monthly basis to ensure correct P&L classification.
· Working with PO raisers to ensure PO's are raised to correct cost centre and GL codes, improving SLT education & site compliance, ensuring all indirect liabilities are captured at month end via PO journal.
· Working with FC to understand key manufacturing variances whilst continuously looking for opportunities to drive operational efficiencies and minimise adverse variances in stock, waste & direct labour.
· Assisting FC and working to prepare annual budgets and quarterly forecast for Burton Factory
· Support year end audit requirements
· Support in training and development of Assistant accountant.
Qualified accountant ACCA, CIMA
OR Qualified by experience
BA (hons) Degree or equivalent
Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
Strong Analytical Skills / Business acumen, and problem-solving skills
Attention to detail and accurate reporting
Ability to build relationships and key partnerships across a large international organisation.
Standard costing and variance reporting
FMCG experience/Manufacturing experience
Experience of ERP systems.
Ability to drive and/or support process and system improvements
Up to £50k per annum