Deliver control assurance & improvement, support functional risk assessments, risk event & BRCM MI reporting and process streamlining.
An award-winning, independent commercial bank that businesses can be proud to bank with. For more than 38 years they have been helping organisations to prosper and contribute to positive economic, social and environmental change.
- Monitor and undertake effective review of controls, sampling and thematic challenges over the 1st line activities within all business areas bank wide. Facilitating Risk and Control Assessments (RCAs) which identify the key risks, their impact and the relevant controls.
- Report outcomes and recommendations for control/sampling assessments (pass/fail) via written summary update reports and to drive improved process and control design.
- Provide guidance to business heads on the design, purpose and timeliness of controls and sampling standards required to manage the risk profile.
- Implementation and deployment of the 1st line BRCM Framework optimising the risk management framework tools including Xactium risk register. Integrate best practise into BAU activities and challenge management when good business risk management is not evident e.g. poor Risk & Control Assessments, slow resolution of outstanding issues. Escalate to 2nd line where necessary.
- Work closely with 2nd line; agree clear lines of responsibility; coordinated sampling & control framework
- Deliver effective MI monitoring, early warning indicators and forward looking assessment/forecasting that will impact the risk profile.
- Support department heads to accurately capture risk events, documented actions and to translate risk events to new controls or control reassessment. Share knowledge and best practice.
- Secretariat for the Operational Risk Committee (ORC) including all MI preparation. Escalate concerns to the Chief Risk Officer and/or Chairperson of the ORC.
- Provide regular reporting on outcomes, trends, recommendations and risk profiling to business units and governance committees.
- Managing relationships with key contacts and stakeholders.
- Strong track record in risk assessment
- Knowledge of risk management policies and procedures
Knowledge and experience
- Relevant knowledge including experience of control monitoring, testing and facilitating RCAs and understanding of the 3 line of defence model (E)
- Experience working in relevant environments, i.e. Operational Risk/Business Risk/Internal Audit in Financial Services organisations. (E)
- Knowledge, experience or the ability to demonstrate an extensive understanding of Operational Risk Frameworks, policies and procedures skills. (E)
- Operational knowledge of bank processes and key regulatory/legal issues (E)
- Change Orientation (E)
Key skills/ competencies
- Analytical and problem solving (E)
- Questioning, listening and report writing skills (E)
- Influencing (E)
- Delivery/ support for continuous improvement initiatives (E)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good attention to detail with an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences (E)
£60,000 - £70,000 base salary plus benefits