This large accountancy firm is seeking to recruit a Senior Manager to join the Audit Advisory team within their Technical Standards Group supporting the audit practice.
Top 10 accountancy firm.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in audit, in managing an audit and audit-related projects, with exemplary technical skills regarding auditing standards and their practical application including experience in audit reporting matters. Audit Reporting
- Part of the small team within Audit Advisory dealing with audit reporting matters including:
- Handling queries on form and content of audit report
- Reviewing Key Audit Matters in audit reports
- Approval of modified audit reports and non-standard audit reports including component auditor reporting
- Review and approval of non-standard engagement letters, including overseas jurisdictions, other assurance and agreed upon procedures
- Writing articles and other materials on audit reporting matters for internal communications
- Monitoring external developments in audit reporting areas, reporting back to the team and working to develop an appropriate action plan where required
- Updating and maintaining templates, guidance and other resources relating to reporting matters
- Ad hoc assignments to develop additional guidance and training as needed
The successful candidate will have responsibilities for forward looking and pre-emptive consideration of upcoming developments and business needs identified in relation to audit reporting. The successful candidate will have responsibilities for working on specific projects intended to result in new or enhanced guidance, training and other materials for dissemination to the audit stream.
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
- Considers themselves an expert with regards to the UK auditing standards, and in particular the standards relevant to reporting matters
- Ability and willingness to assertively challenge and influence more senior individuals and peers
- High attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Wide-ranging practical experience regarding application of ISAs and audit methodology, particularly in the context of audit reporting
- Excellent salary and benefits.
- Although the Technical Training team is based in London, this role will not necessarily need to be based in London.
- Some travel to the London office along with travel to other offices and training venues outside London is expected when required.