This key position within the finance function, reporting directly to the Head of Finance, is accountable for maintaining and developing the financial control, reporting and treasury within the Group - consistently striving for improvements in process efficiency and documentation.
My client is a forward thinking PE backed company who prides themselves on leading from the front in their industry from a safety, reliability and professionalism perspective.
- Manage and develop a team of 4 analysts, working alongside the Business Partners and Transactional finance teams
- Manage and deliver the statutory accounts for each group company (including consolidated accounts).
- Oversee, maintain and develop the compliance and controls environment including leading the monthly balance sheet reconciliations process including monthly checklist.
- Manage the fixed asset and lease accounting and controls.
- Deliver timely and accurate financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders, including Board Reporting.
- Consolidation of accounts on a monthly basis
- Being the key contact for auditors and tax consultants.
- Delivery of all aspects of VAT accounting and reporting to HMRC.
- Ensure appropriate tax controls and reporting is in place us - liaising with external tax advisors.
- Drive a continuous improvement ethos within the team and function.
Qualifications / Skills
- Qualified accountant (preferably ACA) with 5yrs + PQE in a multi entity organisation with turnover >£50m.
- Experience of cashflow forecasting
- People management and development experience as well as strong problem solving ability.
- Transactional finance experience desirable.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong communicator with the ability to effectively work across finance and non-finance functions.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the group finance function and will have opportunities to progress their career and gain great exposure to different areas of finance.
You will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary and benefits package which includes a car allowance.