To ensure management have the appropriate level of financial reporting and analysis to effectively manage the financial aspects of the business. The Finance Business Partner will take the lead for all financial workstreams and be the single point of contact for all finance matters (business as usual and projects) under the guidance of the Finance Manager.
Employing over 2,300 employees this transport company have been 6 times accredited as a Top Employer! Investing heavily in its infrastructure and people are continuing to improve and invest in future solutions.
- Be the single point of contact for all finance matters, working closely with the business to provide financial support and guidance. Be the financial voice for all profit and loss (P&L) and Capital Expenditure (Capex) queries and ensure all outputs are delivered on time to a high level of quality.
- Lead the preparation and compilation of comprehensive budgets and forecasts (P&L and Capex) ready for inclusion in company level financial models. Actively take part in preparation of variance analysis and writing narratives to support plans.
- Take ownership and prepare fully comprehensive balance sheet reconciliations, including supporting documentation each period.
- Prepare and distribute management reporting of financial information with all budget owners, following every period end, have regular financial performance review meetings, agree and action any remedial actions where appropriate.
- Actively take part in all half year and year end accounting activities, providing support for internal and external audits and working closely with Senior Finance leads to ensure meet all deadlines.
- Aid the Senior Finance team, as required, in understanding the business risks, opportunities and sensitivities. Provide cross cover for colleagues within the Finance team, work collaboratively as part of 'one' team philosophy ensuring consistency is met throughout.
- The above list is not exhaustive, and on occasion, the role may need to undertake other reasonable requests as required by their line manager, in line with grade and competence
- The post holder should have a recognised professional accountancy qualification.
- The role requires flexibility, good planning skills and ability to be able to multi-task to meet deadlines (without compromising quality) during complex periods.
- The post holder must be able to evidence the ability to create and implement practical and robust financial control and governance processes at pace.
- The post holder must have a well-developed understanding and application of financial modelling and systems and have excellent Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) skills.
- The post holder must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), be a team player, and able to demonstrate good relationship building, with ability to influence and advise others across all levels of the organisation.
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working
- Staff discounts