Your new company
- A highly successful Education business is seeking an Internal Audit Manager with a passion for Education and developing working relationships with internal stakeholders to support them and improve processes and controls.
- This role will involve some travel around the North Surrey/South London area and some other areas of the London & South East region and will offer an element of hybrid working after the first 4 months.
Your new role
- Developing an annual audit plan using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risk or control concerns
- Implementing the annual audit plan including any special tasks or projects requested by the senior management and the Audit & Risk Committee.
- Executing and delivering audits in line with industry best-practice methodology and IIA standards including producing audit reports, which are impactful and address the root cause of issues.
- Performing consulting services to assist senior management in meeting the strategic objectives.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the Risk Management processes.
- Issuing periodic reports to the Audit & Risk Committee and management summarising results of audit activities.
- Assisting in the investigation of suspected fraudulent activities and notify senior management and the Audit & Risk Committee of the results.
- Managing all internal audit processes effectively and looking to continuously improve them.
- Providing day-to-day oversight and management of the internal audit team, providing clear direction and effective communication.
- Developing internal audit team members, through coaching and knowledge transfer.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with multiple senior stakeholders across the business
What you'll need to succeed
- You may hold an Accountancy or Audit qualification or be qualified by experience and have significant Internal Audit experience gained in the public or private sector.
- You should have a passion for the Education sector and a real interest in improving processes.
- You will need to be happy to travel to sites regularly (mostly within the South London area) -often 2 days a week and for around 30 weeks of the year
- You will need excellent communication skills and be able to build rapport with stakeholders within the business.
What you'll get in return
After the initial period of 4 months (which is spent working in the office or out on Audit) the business offer an element of hybrid working with 1 or 2 days a week potentially working from home.
Salary £55-60000 + bonus and benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.