Working as part of an established team, this position will be responsible for the management of group tax compliance and reporting, as well as structuring and M&A activities, tax governance and various other taxes such as VAT, transfer pricing and employment taxes
This is a large UK pharmaceutical business based in Cheshire who are looking for a newly (or nearly) qualified tax specialist to join their team
The successful In House Group Tax Assistant Manager will be responsible for:
UK Corporate Tax Compliance
- Preparation and filing of UK tax returns.
- Calculation and payment of UK quarterly payments and group relief.
- Prepare and file UK Research and Development Credit.
- Management of overseas corporate tax compliance.
- Corporate Interest Restriction compliance and management.
- Management of withholding taxes.
- Operation of Corporate Tax Controls.
- Preparation of interim (and support for year-end) tax reporting (direct support to Group Senior Tax Manager) and Budget cycle.
- Assistance with analysis of ETR.
- Advisory on ad-hoc projects.
- Input to Group structuring and M&A projects.
- Repatriation strategies.
Transfer Pricing Support & Other Taxes
- Assistance with transfer pricing documentation and policies.
- Assistance with maintenance and data gathering in respect of quarterly transfer pricing adjustments.
- Support to build and maintain Country-by-Country Reporting model.
- Support with preparation for BEPS 2.0 Pillar 2 compliance.
- Ongoing day-to-day support in respect of general tax including VAT, employment taxes advice and transfer pricing tasks as needed.
The successful In House Group Tax Assistant Manager will have/be:
- CTA and/or ACCA/ATT/ACA/CA qualified is desirable. Part-qualified and study support also considered (at a more junior level).
- Minimum three years UK corporate tax experience, ideally gained from working at a large accountancy firm or in an in-house Corporate Tax role.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant tax legislation.
- An awareness/ experience of indirect taxes would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in tax accounting and of transfer pricing is desirable but not essential
The successful In House Group Tax Assistant Manager will receive:
- Competitive salary circa £45,000 - £55,000
- Private medical
- Company share scheme
- Flexible working - 2-3 days a week in the office
- 10% company bonus
- Company pension up to 8% matched
- A fantastic development opportunity across a range of different tax areas
If you are interested to learn more about the role and discuss, please contact Ben Warman on 07890042041