In House Group Tax Assistant Manager
- Michael Page
- England, Cheshire
- GBP45000 - GBP55000 per annum + bonus, private medical, pension
- Closing date
- 16 Feb 2023
- Healthcare and pharmaceutical
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
Working as part of an established team, this position will be responsible for the management of group tax compliance and reporting, as well as structuring and M&A activities, tax governance and various other taxes such as VAT, transfer pricing and employment taxes
This is a large UK pharmaceutical business based in Cheshire who are looking for a newly (or nearly) qualified tax specialist to join their team
The successful In House Group Tax Assistant Manager will be responsible for:
UK Corporate Tax Compliance
- Preparation and filing of UK tax returns.
- Calculation and payment of UK quarterly payments and group relief.
- Prepare and file UK Research and Development Credit.
- Management of overseas corporate tax compliance.
- Corporate Interest Restriction compliance and management.
- Management of withholding taxes.
- Operation of Corporate Tax Controls.
- Preparation of interim (and support for year-end) tax reporting (direct support to Group Senior Tax Manager) and Budget cycle.
- Assistance with analysis of ETR.
- Advisory on ad-hoc projects.
- Input to Group structuring and M&A projects.
- Repatriation strategies.
Transfer Pricing Support & Other Taxes
- Assistance with transfer pricing documentation and policies.
- Assistance with maintenance and data gathering in respect of quarterly transfer pricing adjustments.
- Support to build and maintain Country-by-Country Reporting model.
- Support with preparation for BEPS 2.0 Pillar 2 compliance.
- Ongoing day-to-day support in respect of general tax including VAT, employment taxes advice and transfer pricing tasks as needed.
The successful In House Group Tax Assistant Manager will have/be:
- CTA and/or ACCA/ATT/ACA/CA qualified is desirable. Part-qualified and study support also considered (at a more junior level).
- Minimum three years UK corporate tax experience, ideally gained from working at a large accountancy firm or in an in-house Corporate Tax role.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant tax legislation.
- An awareness/ experience of indirect taxes would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in tax accounting and of transfer pricing is desirable but not essential
The successful In House Group Tax Assistant Manager will receive:
- Competitive salary circa £45,000 - £55,000
- Private medical
- Company share scheme
- Flexible working - 2-3 days a week in the office
- 10% company bonus
- Company pension up to 8% matched
- A fantastic development opportunity across a range of different tax areas
If you are interested to learn more about the role and discuss, please contact Ben Warman on 07890042041
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert