We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
CMAS advises companies through periods of change, whether this involves an important deal – IPO, acquisition or divestment - changes in the corporate structure, or a period of accounting change.
We are currently recruiting people to join CMAS, predominantly to work on deals. These deals might include IPOs, mergers, acquisitions and divestments. CMAS is the market leader in providing assurance on these deals, working on many high profile transactions. We provide services that our clients and their other advisers depend on.
Our strategy is to develop our Channel 2 offering and as a result we are looking for people with the interpersonal skills needed to develop trusted relationships with clients and work alongside them to help solve their issues.
Variety - An impressive list of high profile clients across a range of industries, working with people at a senior and strategic level and x-Los PwC teams, as well as other advisers to your clients. A range of interesting projects and the ability to get involved in all the types of work that CMAS delivers.
Opportunity - To deepen your existing commercial and technical knowledge by helping clients through deals, reviewing and reporting on their businesses and plans, and helping them prepare important financial information that they need to complete their deals. This requires a range of practical, commercial and advisory skills in addition to strong technical foundations.
Business development – A key component of the role will involve supporting and driving the growth of the business, through involvement in targeting opportunities, building internal / external networks and identifying opportunities to help your clients.
Support - We are a supportive and collaborative team, and are committed to helping our people develop. We empower and trust our people to work independently but with coaching and guidance as needed. You will have regular direct access to senior PwC people as well as an experienced team of specialists.
Working in the M&A team in our Capital Markets group within our Risk line of service, you will be responsible for managing a variety of challenging and career-advancing engagements. As part of a fast-paced and dynamic group, you will work across a diverse range of well-known clients. This will include working with management teams to solve complex financial reporting issues, preparation of carve out financial statements, analysis of accounting policies and advising clients on suitable accounting treatments of transactions on all aspects of their M&A journey, as well as being a trusted advisor on transactions.
You will be responsible for identifying and pursuing business development opportunities to work with our varied client base. This will involve you creating networks across PwC, building relationships with clients, and winning work.
You will also contribute to the development and delivery of the wider M&A proposition for the Risk line of service within PwC UK, and support the coaching and development of the team.
• Qualified Chartered Accountant.
• Audit or advisory experience.
• Experience in the preparation of consolidated and / or carve out IFRS financial statements, including cash flow statements and full note disclosures, and liaising with auditors
• Experience in financial reporting around public and private Deals is highly desirable
• Experience in carve out transaction accounting is highly desirable
• Experience of building internal and external networks, and developing client relationships.
• Passion for targeting and pursuing work in a competitive environment.
• Commitment to completing tasks and working to fluctuating deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to analyse large amounts of data, draw conclusions and use these to solve problems.
• Experience of providing clients with advice and support on practical business issues.
• Strong verbal communication and written communication/report writing skills.
• Good project management skills.
• Knowledge of US GAAP would also be helpful.
• An ability and desire to learn new skills working in unfamiliar industries/environments.
• Ability to successfully collaborate with internal and external stakeholder groups.
• Develop deep client and internal relationships and deliver as a trusted advisor to all stakeholders.
• Drive the identification, pursuit and conversion of the Risk M&A pipeline of business development opportunities.
• Proactively manage and follow through on sell and cross-sell opportunities.
• Strong commercial acumen.
• Lead delivery of engagements, taking ownership of all aspects of delivery, programme and team management, monitoring commercial performance and quality control.
• Manage, coach and support development of colleagues through collaboration, mentoring and coaching.
• Finalise client deliverables, identify and engage in critical areas for debate.
• Act as internal advisor to colleagues across the firm on relevant topics of M&A reporting.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture: www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
Risk is all around us and in our complex world, is changing all the time. Our teams bring people from diverse backgrounds together, using their skills and cutting-edge technology, to help solve complex problems. We are pioneers in a world of changing risk and our market leading services build resilient organisations. Join us and together, we can support our clients to rethink risk.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.