We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse. Our Private Client Alternative Investment Fund team specialise in advising wealthy individuals and their businesses in the Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) space. We work within both PwC’s Private Client Network and AIF network, collaborating widely to offer a holistic, end to end service to our clients. We value curious minds and collaborative spirits, working together to help clients navigate the ever changing tax landscape. As part of the team you’ll be actively encouraged to consult, to share specialist knowledge and new ideas as we continue to innovate to deliver a best in class service.
The role We are looking to recruit a Manager based in our London office with experience of advising high net worth individuals, private equity executives and business owners on a broad range of complex matters.
● A Manager role in a growing team, working closely with experienced Private Client Partners, Directors and Senior Managers and having responsibility to help develop new client relationships, identifying and pursuing new opportunities from within our market.
● Working on a diverse and broad portfolio of client engagements, including international high net worth individuals, private equity funds and their executives. ● Developing market leading relationships with both clients (including many well-known names in the industry) and internal stakeholders, collaborating across the firm when developing client relationships or delivering complex projects.
● Maintaining an expert level of relevant tax knowledge, staying current with technical developments including changes in tax law and legislation.
● Advising clients and internal stakeholders on the latest tax technical issues, including delivering sessions at client / knowledge events.
● Supervising, coaching and providing regular feedback to Senior Associates and Associates within the team while also keeping more senior stakeholders updated on progress.
The successful candidate will possess initiative, drive and the proven ability to work with a growing team, possessing the personal skills to maintain deep, trusted long-term relationships with our clients and contacts in the market. The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
● Relevant, detailed and up-to-date UK tax knowledge in the personal tax space is essential. Experience of dealing with complex tax issues facing owners, founders and executives, as well as privately or family owned businesses is highly relevant.
● Experience in dealing with international aspects such as residence, domicile and arriving/leaving the UK is essential as many of our clients have a global footprint and are internationally mobile.
● Experience of working with clients in the private equity and broader Alternative Investment Fund industry is strongly preferred. If none, candidates must be willing to learn and pick up industry nuances quickly. Training can be provided
● Partnership tax experience is preferred as most of our clients have some partnership aspects.
● Project management skills – able to manage several demanding client projects while remaining resilient and planning workload for self and others.
● Excellent communication skills – the candidate will be expected to be the point of contact on complex client engagements in their portfolio while supporting a range of stakeholders including client contacts and PwC staff.
● Excellent written communication – providing thorough and robust review of all written deliverables, including reports, technical memos and other concise advice for clients.
● Coaching and delegation – the successful candidate will help other Managers in the team coach, develop and delegate to a team of associates and senior associates, helping them grow their tax technical expertise alongside their client management skills.
● Efficient use of technology – in managing client and contact relationships, pursuing opportunities and overseeing the delivery of analysis and written deliverables. ● ACA, ATT and/or CTA qualified
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.