Group Technical Reporting Accountant - £70,000 to £80,000 + Bens Colchester/Hybrid International Group
Your new company
We are very pleased to be partnering this International Group which has circa 50 entities globally and with their Group Office in Colchester, Essex. To support the Group with its growth they are looking to recruit a technically strong qualified accountant to join as Group Technical Reporting Accountant. The business has modern offices in Colchester, Essex and offer a hybrid work pattern, highly competitive salary and benefits
Your new role
The Group Technical Reporting Accountant will report into the CFO of this global business, they will take ownership for the monthly and annual statutory and consolidated reporting and be key contact on technical accounting/reporting matters for the group.
- Preparation of the monthly consolidated primary financial statements for management accounts, including reconciliation of investments, loan balances, and interest calculations.
- Preparation of quarterly consolidated financial statements under IFRS for external stakeholders.
- Preparation of the annual financial statements for subsidiaries in the UK under FRS 102, and US GAAS.
- Act as a key point of contact for the group's statutory auditors to ensure timely responses to information requests.
- Review of reconciliation of specified balance sheet accounts, and supporting schedules.
- Preparation of statutory information and inputs into group financial statements for publication to the group's external stakeholders including statutory auditors and tax consultants.
- Work closely with the Group FP&A Director and Regional Finance Directors to provide inputs for the group's financial planning and forecasting processes.
- Work closely with the Group Tax Manager in preparing Corporate Income Tax Returns, group CIR, and transfer pricing matters.
- Point of contact for technical accounting matters with up-to-date knowledge of new accounting standards under IFRS and FRS 102 (US GAAS an advantage) and disclosure requirements.
- Experience in acquisitions, process harmonisation, and business transformation would be an advantage.
- Support the UK Financial Controller with ad-hoc projects as required.
- Experience with ERP systems desirable, ideally with JD Edwards, and CaseWare Financials
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you will need to qualified ACA or ACCA accountant with Big 4/Top 10 practice training and post qualified experience in industry within a technical group accounting role. In addition, you will have expertise in preparing full sets of group statutory accounts within a large multinational and possess excellent IFRS knowledge, with exposure to US GAAS
The Group Technical Reporting Accountant will be a detail orientated, independent self-starter, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, whilst also demonstrating strong communication and teamwork. Extensive computer and accounting software knowledge is essential, with specific experience of functional current and pensions being beneficial.
What you'll get in return
The Group Technical Reporting Accountant will be joining the group at a very exciting time, they will work closely with the CFO, the International Controllers and Senior Management Team. They will be able to make the role their own, drive improvement in reporting and assist with business transformation, process harmonisation and acquisitions The Group Reporting Accountant will be offered a highly competitive salary in the region of £70,000 to £80,000 plus benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.