Financial Services Transfer Pricing, Senior Manager
- London (Central)
- Closing date
- 15 Feb 2023
- Salary band
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Financial Services Transfer Pricing, Senior Manager, Jobs in LondonOur Transfer Pricing team specialises in helping organisations understand how they should price transactions between related parties. We learn how our clients operate, why they succeed, where value lies and how that aligns with international tax rules. Our team is fuelled by curious minds from diverse backgrounds. As part of our team, you'll work with deep technical specialists in a broad spectrum of areas - together we'll present differentiated thought leadership to our clients. Our investment in technology, alternative delivery models, and knowledge tools will enable you to deliver work efficiently and allow time to focus on interesting and challenging value added advisory work. We seek to attract the best people from a diverse talent pool and encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. This is what makes us a strong organisation, with an increasingly agile workforce empowered by flexibility in how we work.The roleWe are looking for a Senior Manager to join our team to meet the continually growing demand for the team’s specialist services. We are looking for self-starting individuals who thrive on challenge and responsibility, want to work in a dynamic environment and have the flexibility to work on multiple engagements with different teams simultaneously.As a Senior Manager you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively managing a portfolio of clients, mainly within the Financial Services space, while reporting to Directors and Partners.
- Managing the delivery of a variety of technical projects, from transfer pricing policy support through to documentation and enquiries.
- Applying a curious mindset and analytical approach to solve complex client problems.
- Taking a lead on all aspects of financial management of clients.
- Leading business development activities to help identify and further opportunities on new/existing clients.
- Coordinating input from specialists across our global network to deliver great outcomes for our clients.
- Training, coaching and supervising more junior members of the team.
- Supporting Partners and Directors with various aspects of team leadership.
- Keeping up to date with relevant regulatory and business issues.
- Developing internal and external relationships and your PwC brand.
- A track record of managing the delivery of quality work for clients; demonstrating a thorough understanding of the client's business and relevant professional standards
- A track record of establishing and maintaining trusted client relationships.
- Extensive experience of advising financial services clients on transfer pricing. Wider experience of other corporate tax or related international issues would also be an advantage.
- Extensive experience of managing a varied portfolio of clients and projects including all aspects of financial and risk management.
- Extensive experience in building internal and external relationships and networks.
- An ability to plan and manage the delivery of work against tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, specifically in presenting an argument and influencing others.
- A track record of providing meaningful feedback to help others improve and develop.
- An ability to promptly address problems and maintain professional standards.
- An ACA or equivalent qualification is desirable but not essential
- Background in economics and/or an MBA desirable but not essential
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.
Our values define how we do things. And our purpose is why we exist - now more than ever - to build trust in society and solve important problems for our clients and our communities. In a world we no longer recognise, we need to rely on the strength and agility of our people to help us to navigate these uncertain times.
We're committed to ensuring that care and our people's wellbeing remains central to our culture. While we may not know what’s ahead, we can do all we can to help shape the future. As we continue to navigate this unprecedented time, it’s important that we support our people, to help them take care of themselves and to ensure the right support is available when it’s needed.
For now, we ask you to join our talent network and stay in touch with what’s happening in real time, including new possibilities as they arise. Visit our website for more information on how we’re responding to this pandemic and what changes we’re making to our recruitment process.
Stay safe and stay connected in this rapidly changing world.
Opportunities are at the heart of a career with us. Opportunities for you to sharpen your skills, collaborate with experts, build lasting relationships and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything.
Our offer to you...
· Be part of the world’s leading professional services network and enjoy the benefits that come with that.
· Meet and collaborate with highly talented people from diverse backgrounds, developing new ways of thinking, creating value for you, for PwC and for our clients.
· Work in a challenging and stimulating environment where you’ll be inspired to reach your full potential.
· Identify and develop your skills, build on your existing strengths and discover new ones you didn’t know you had. Watch your expertise and influence grow with us.
The PwC deal
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all offer the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life. All whilst making an impact in a place where people, quality, and value, mean everything. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a personally tailored benefits package.
What you need to bring to us
Your intellect, willingness to learn, ability to build relationships, put yourself in others’ shoes, while always making a positive impact with our clients and each other.
The skills, insights and connections you develop at PwC are career defining wherever your career may take you. It’s the opportunity of a lifetime. Take it.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert