This role will provide support to the finance function of the Academy Trust by assisting with all aspects of development and effective operation of financial systems and procedures.
My client is a large academy trust which supports a variety of primary, secondary and special needs schools across the North of England.
- Provide high quality financial advice and guidance to Business Managers, budget holders and the Senior Leadership Team
- Support the Regional Finance Director in the preparation and implementation of financial forecasts, business plans, reports and returns
- Update, monitor and maintain the Academy's financial procedures and standing orders, ensuring staff comply with them and that they are compliant with the Trust's own policies and procedures, advising the Regional Finance Director of any potential breaches or non-compliance across the Academy
- Provide high quality financial advice and guidance to school business managers, budget holders and the Senior Leadership Team
- Support the Regional Finance Director in monitoring all budgets and the productions of regular comprehensive management reports to ensure efficient and effective control of income and expenditure complying with Trust's financial regulations and public procurement regulations at all times
- Support the Regional Finance Director in the preparation and implementation of financial forecasts, business plans, reports and returns, etc., to ensure the strategic development of the Academies, and long term sustainability of the budgets
- Support the Regional Finance Director to ensure that the finance systems reflect the latest accurate position, month-end close and finalisation of management reports are made in a timely and accurate
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience within a school environment (desirable)
- Excellent leadership, communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of building strong personal relationships and credibility at senior level across all internal functions
- Up to £59,000 pa
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Trust
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment.
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
- Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/Continuing professional development