As a member of the senior leadership team, the post-holder will through providing strategic and operational direction ensure there are effective controls and risk management frameworks in place to support the work of the organisation.
My client is one of the leading and largest youth charities in the UK. They support individuals from birth through to adulthood doing the majority of their work across supported housing and education. With lots of growth anticipated, my client is now seeking a experienced Head of Finance to come in and lead the finance team.
- To provide leadership and oversight of the organisations' finance service including production of management and statutory accounts, budgets, and forecasts.
- To provide oversight of financial aspects of corporate regulatory and risk management activities including all statutory and other accounting and regulatory requirements appropriate to the legal obligations of financial probity and reporting (e.g. audit, HMRC, companies' house, charity commission)
- To support the DCEO on financial aspects of the progression of corporate development activities on a project basis as identified in business planning process and objective setting.
- To support the DCEO in servicing the governance of the organisation through maintaining strong working relationship with the Company secretary, Treasurer and Chair of the Finance committee.
- Holder of current recognised CCAB accounting qualification (QBE will be considered)
- Experience in a senior position with a strong track-record in managing finance processes in a charity/housing association environment (desirable)
- Ability to engage and influence people at all levels in a straightforward, articulate and persuasive manner to engender confidence and respect; deal with complex issues and negotiate at all levels
- Excellent judgement and demonstrable track record of supporting senior management decision-making.
- Up to £60,000 pa + benefits
- Hybrid working